Professor William Ribbans’ current roles include: Chief Medical Officer to Northamptonshire County Cricket Club; Honorary Orthopaedic Surgeon to the Northampton Town Football Club and the English National Ballet; Medical Advisor to UK Athletics; Director of The County Clinic, Northampton; and Medical Director of the Chris Moody Centre for Sports Rehabilitation, Moulton College.
Professor Ribbans qualified as a medical doctor in 1980, and was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1991, with Fellowships at University of Sheffield and Harvard University.
||FRCSEng (ad eundem)
Memberships and Appointments
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK)
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the Harvard Alumni Association
- Member of the Herbert Seddon Society for RNOH Alumni
- Member of the British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Member of the British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Appointed Member of the Medico-Legal Committee, British Orthopaedic Association. 2008-present.
- Appointed Member of the Court of Examiners – Basic Scientist for Anatomy – Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2003-present.