Laura began her nursing career in 2004 after completing a diploma in adult nursing with UON. She went on to complete a BSc Emergency Care at De Montford University before returning to UON to undertake an MSc Autonomous Healthcare Practice in 2010. Following numerous acute clinical roles locally, Laura completed her Advanced Clinical Practitioner training at Kettering General Hospital. She joined the University in 2017 as an associate lecturer and commenced her current role as a Senior Lecturer in Advanced Nursing in April 2018. Laura works clinically in urgent care as an advanced practitioner alongside her UON work commitments.
Laura is the Programme lead for MSc Advanced Clinical Practice apprenticeship and module leader for NURM088 Advancing Assessment and Reasoning Skills and NURM077 Advancing Practice in Action, both undertaken as part of the MSc Advancing Practice. She offers personal academic tutor support for students across the duration of these programmes.
In addition, she teaches on the following modules:
- NURM114 non-medical prescribing at level 7
- NUR3015P non-medical prescribing at level 6
- NURM089 Assessment and management of minor illness
- NURM078 Assessment and management of minor injuries
- NURM080 Advanced Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- NURM081 Diagnostic Reasoning for Practice
- NUR3059 Contemporary Approaches to Enhancing Care (BSc top-up)
For publications, projects, datasets, research interests and activities, view Laura Elliott’s research profile on Pure, the University of Northampton’s Research Explorer.