Daniel Bailey Joined the University of Northampton in 2001, following over ten years of working within Industry. His previous roles included: the development of cutting-edge inoculums for the agricultural industry, a legal advisor for a cosmetics company, to managing a client relationship team and systems analysis for a multinational Bank.
Daniel's initial role was to work as part of the University's SITA Wastes Management team, to manage a number of research and business focused projects, in particular the Northamptonshire Business Environment Forum (NBEF) and the Daventry DEFRA Kerbside Recycling Participation project. Following the completion of these and other successful projects Daniel moved to the Division of Engineering to take up a Lectureship.
In his current role as Senior Lecturer in Engineering, Daniel teaches a range of specialist topic areas including: commercial contract management, quality and environmental management systems and project management. These specialist areas are in demand across a range of courses including: Engineering, Lift Technology, Non-destructive testing, High Performance Engineering and Leather Technology. Most recently Daniel has taken on the role of the Northamptonshire Engineering Training Partnership (NETP) Company Liaison Manager.
Daniel's research has largely been applied and business focused. He has published and presented both nationally and internationally. His research has predominantly focused upon the areas of business environmental performance, engineering management issues and the development of business engaged education provision. He has applied this knowledge widely within the business arena and advised a large number of businesses, from local SMEs to major internationals.
Daniel holds a BA (Hons) Combined Studies (Law) and an MSc in Environmental Management.
Life Long Learning Committee - Representative for Science and Technology
School Teaching and Learning Committee - Representative for the Division of Engineering
East Midlands Universities Association (EMUA) Transport Technologies Group - University Representative
- Year Tutor for the 1st Year Engineering students
- Course Leader for HNC Engineering
- Company Liaison Manager for the Northamptonshire Engineering Training Partnership (NETP)
- MSc Lift Technology
- LIFM003DL Management of Construction Industry Contracts
- Dissertation supervisor - management
- BETEC / FdSc Lift Technology
- ENG1042 Lift Engineering Project
- ENG1029 Work-based Project
- ENG1028 Contract Management
- ENG1044 Contract Management 2
- BSc / HND / HNC Engineering
- ENG1003 Business and Organisation
- ENG1020 Quality, Models, Standards and Laws
- ENG2006 Economics and Management for Engineers
- NETP Project
- BSc Leather Technology
- LEA3003 Quality
- FdSc Non-Destructive Testing
- ENG2040 Quality in NDT
- FdSc Motorsport
- ENG2032 Project Management and Communication
- Chartered Institute of Quality
- CQI D4 Project Management and Communication in Quality
- CQI D5 Quality Project
- CQI D6 Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Improving business sustainability
- Environmental and Quality management in practice - ISO14001 & ISO9000
- Business focused course development