- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy
- PG Cert Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- BA (Hons) Applied Social and Community Studies
- Diploma Play Therapy
- Certificate in Advanced Counselling
Claire has worked in social care settings for over twenty years in a range of roles with children, young people and adults. Her work experience has ranges from voluntary, statutory and private sectors. She has been employed by the Local Education Authority to work with children that have emotional and behavioural difficulties and children with identified special needs in a Designated Special Provision Units. Within Northamptonshire County Council, Claire worked in a range of day care settings for adults with profound emotional, behavioural and physical needs. As a Social Worker she works in a range of settings including Local Authority and the NSPCC. She was employed for a number of years as a Play Therapist and Psychotherapist for 'On Track' a Children Fund Project within Northamptonshire County Council. On Track was set up as a research project that evaluated the impact of multiple early interventions on reducing the likelihood of children becoming involved in criminal activates later in life.
As a registered Psychotherapist, Play Therapist, and Counsellor Claire runs a private practice working therapeutically with children adults and families, whilst offering a range of training and consultation services to individuals and organisations. She specialises in working therapeutically with children and families where the child is looked after, in care or adopted and may have experienced trauma or attachment issues. Alongside separation and loss, post trauma, and abuse work, I am passionate about preventative strategies including mental health, wellbeing and resilience.
Claire has worked for four years as a Senior lecturer in Social Work for the University of Northampton and has taught on a range of post graduate and undergraduate courses on subjects relating to social work and psychotherapeutic interventions.
She chairs The British Association of Play Therapy research sub committee and sit on the board of Directors for this organisation.
- Callaghan, J., Alexander, J., Fellin, L., Sixsmith, J. and Harrison-Breed, C. (2015) Children's experiences of domestic violence (UNARS): an exhibition. Exhibit at: Children's Experiences of Domestic Violence. Derngate Theatre and NN Gallery, Northampton, 21-25 April 2015.
- Callaghan, J., Sixsmith, J., Alexander, J., Fellin, L. and Harrison-Breed, C. (2014) UNARS - Understanding agency and resistance: children in situations of domestic violence and abuse. Symposium presented to: Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Conference 2014, The University of Northampton, 02-04 July 2014. (Unpublished)