Carole Morrell studied BSc Management Science and IT at the University of Northampton where, she attained a First class degree. Carole went on to study an MSc Computing at De Montfort and is ITIL qualified.
Carole has a PGC in Teaching in Higher Education and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Carole joined Information Science team at the University of Northampton in 2000, which has since been consolidated with the Computing field.
Carole Morrell is the course leader for HND and BSc Business Computing (Systems)
Teaching on the following modules:
- Databases 2
- Group Project
- Supervising dissertations
- Personal Tutor
Carole is interested in the use of technology for setting and grading assessments in HE as well as its application for supporting and adding value to traditional face to face delivery.
- Morrell, M. and Morrell, C. (2014) A degree of employability: a research agenda towards curricula design. Paper presented to: HEA STEM Annual Learning and Teaching Conference 2014: Enhancing the STEM Student Journey, Edinburgh, 30 April - 01 May 2014. (Unpublished)
- Bailey, S. and Morrell, C. (2011) The implementation of Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) at INACAP University Chile. Invited Presentation presented to: Embedding Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) in the Curriculum, INACAP Technological University of Chile, 5-9 September 2011. (Unpublished)
- Fathulla, K., Morrell, M. and Morrell, C. (2008) Software assisted assessment of student generated diagrams. Seminar Presentation presented to: Learning and Teaching Conference 2008, University of Northampton, 14 May 2008. (Unpublished)
- Morrell, M., Morrell, C. and Van Bellen, M. (2008) Towards a research agenda into the demands of applying technology in HE teaching. Paper presented to: Learning and Teaching Conference 2008, University of Northampton, 14 May 2008. (Unpublished)