Brendon Skinner was appointed as Senior Lecturer in Sport Rehabilitation and Conditioning at the University of Northampton in September 2018. Brendon is a highly experienced teaching and qualified sport injury specialist with academic qualifications including HND in Sports Science & Sports Injuries from Nottingham Trent University, BSc (Hons) Sport Rehabilitation from University of Salford, PGCE from the University of Northampton, FIFA Sport Medicine Diploma and is completing his master’s degree in Sport and Exercise Medicine from University of Nottingham.
Before teaching Brendon worked within professional & semi-professional football, rugby and private practice before he began teaching in sport injury and rehabilitation related programmes since 2006. His research interests focuses on informing practitioners on effective practice and application of treatment modalities with particular interest in manual therapies, myofascial and percussive treatments. Brendon is also a member of the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators Accreditation Team.
- MSc Sport and Exercise Medicine – present (2021 completion)
- FIFA Sport Medicine Diploma – 2019
- PGCE (Professional Graduate Certificate in Education), University of Northampton (2008)
- BSc (Hons) Sport Rehabilitation University of Salford (2003)
- HND Sport Science with Sport Injuries (2000)
- Football Association Intermediate Certificate in Management in Injury (1999)
- British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT)
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy