Support for Business
At the University of Northampton (UON) we offer a wide range of business support services to our students and staff as well as to the Northamptonshire business community. We also support social enterprises.
The University of Northampton Business Support team provides a gateway to business support services available throughout the county. They are a team of experienced, accredited advisers with customer-focussed support staff – providing information, advice and guidance to entrepreneurs and businesses at all stages of their development – from pre-start to scale-up. Their aim is to help clients across Northamptonshire to start and grow their business with the right solutions to meet their needs.
The team can also signpost you to other relevant services provided by the University of Northampton – some of which are detailed below.
If you are an existing business and have an enquiry regarding aspects of your business, including business growth – or you are an entrepreneur looking to develop a new business – please contact the Business Support team, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Changemaker Incubator – Supporting students and graduates of the University of Northampton. Providing a full range of support, training, advice, and information services, including various schemes and routes for funding – for anyone who has or would like to set up a business or social enterprise or work as a freelancer or private practitioner.
- Employer Engagement – Making full use of our student and graduate talent, our award-winning Changemaker Hub team will work with you to understand your business needs and how we can best meet them together.
The University of Northampton offer our students and graduates employment opportunities and the chance to gain experience within business – as well as helping businesses with their staffing needs.
Unitemps – Unitemps provides exciting work opportunities with leading businesses, including part time, graduate, internships and even permanent roles for students, graduates and the local community. Providing a comprehensive temporary staffing service to businesses, the Unitemps team is committed to helping employers to find talented candidates who add value to their business.
Internships – Internships can help businesses solve some of their most challenging problems by accessing a skilled graduate workforce. Santander internships are open to final year students and recent graduates. Changemaker Internships are open to all students who have completed Changemaker Certificate Level 1 and offer work-based learning in charities, community organisations and social enterprises. These fully funded internships provide organisations with resource via our students’ expertise and skills. If you are interested in hosting a Changemaker Internship please email email@example.com.
Industry Led Forums – The Northamptonshire Industry Led Forums are powered by the University of Northampton to support Northamptonshire businesses – across all sectors and sizes. All forums are open to those in the field to share best practice and be updated on a wide range of topics and collaborate on issues. With forums from Logistics to Manufacturing and HR, Health & Safety and Wellbeing – there is something for all companies in the county. These forums are industry led and Chaired. For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a UK wide programme which enables businesses and organisations to benefit from the skills of academic staff and graduates.
KTPs are partly funded by the government and the cost of a KTP depends on the duration of your project and the size of your organisation. To find out more about how your organisation can benefit from a Knowledge Transfer Partnership with the University of Northampton please email email@example.com.
Please refer to our news article on a case study regarding KTPs at the University of Northampton.Contact Business Support
- How to do ‘good stuff’ when buying things. A handbook for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) (PDF 2MB)
- Business 2 Business form (Word 55 KB)
- University of Northampton Social Impact Report 2016-2017
- University of Northampton Social Impact Report 2015-2016
- University of Northampton Social Impact Report 2014-2015