We understand that university is a new, nervously exciting chapter in a student’s life. Your degree is not just an investment, it’s a steppingstone to achieving your dream career. Our Careers and Employability team are dedicated to equipping students with the skills to thrive, adapt and innovate in our ever-changing world.
By studying with us, you benefit from our service being embedded in your curriculum, providing an extensive range of extra and co-curricular initiatives to enhance your employability and social entrepreneurship skills. Our unique Graduate Attributes Framework highlights the skills that employers tell us they are looking for in Graduates and forms the basis of our support. By using this model, we have created an employability offer that we believe will ensure that our Graduates will stand out from the crowd, are socially responsible, digitally proficient, and highly employable global citizens – the Changemakers of the future.
This gives you access to:
- The Employability Plus Award
- Career support tailored to your needs
- Access to invaluable tools including practice interviews, self-assessments, industry led events and webinars, and personalised CV feedback through your course tailored Changemaker Hub Portal
- Latest Unitemps and industry job opportunities through our monthly newsletter
- Real-world experience and teaching by academic staff, our Careers Development Consultants and guest speakers from inspiring industry leaders
- Lifelong careers support for all UON alumni, with access to networking opportunities, recruitment fairs, and expert one-to-one advice