Monday 5 October 2015
Journalism and Media students at the University of Northampton are gaining an amazing insight into the trade from a series of high profile guest speakers.
The Northampton Chronicles series of industry talks was launched by the University in 2012, and has featured leading media and broadcasting professionals from organisations including the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Press Association.
BBC Look East reporters Stuart Ratcliffe and Neil Bradford were the first guests of the current season, which will also feature representatives from Heat magazine, The Wall Street Journal, newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror and Channel 4 News.
Kate Williams, pictured, Head of Journalism and Media at the University, said: “We are once again delighted to be able to offer our undergraduates the chance to learn from journalists, producers and publishers from some of the biggest and most respected media outlets.
“The Northampton Chronicles offer a fascinating insight into how the media operates and provides students with plenty of tips on how to carve out a successful career in this highly competitive industry.”
Speakers lined up for autumn term are as follows:
- October 15 – David Higgerson, Digital Publishing Director Trinity Mirror (Regionals)
- October 22 – Richard Howard, Publisher of Heat and Closer magazines
- November 5 – Mick Rawsthorne, Head of Regional and Local Programmes, BBC East
- November 12 – Keme Nzerem, Sports Correspondent, Channel 4 News
- November 19 – Christian Payne, aka @Documentally
- November 26 – Pete Clifton, Editor-in-Chief, Press Association
- December 3 – Parminder Bahra, Head of Video, Wall Street Journal, Europe
Talks are free and start at 1pm in MR5, Maidwell Building, Avenue Campus.