In addition to the Floatation Tank, Observation Suite, and Perception Lab, there are many pieces of equipment to support your studies in Psychology at the University of Northampton.
- Three dedicated psychology technicians available to support students
- Six research cubicles
- BioPac MP30, MP36 & MP36r: A tool for measuring EEG, ECG, EDA and Respiration, Bitalino smart wearables: enables anyone to create projects for wearable health tracking
- SmartBCI 18-channel wireless EEG: An electroencephalogram (EEG) is a device used to measure the electrical activity of the brain. An EEG tracks and records brain wave patterns
- Muse EEG: Muse is a wearable brain sensing headband. The device measures brain activity via 4 electroencephalography sensors, Rubber Hand Illusion: The illusion comes on when the real and fake hands are stroked at the same time and speed for a minute or two
- HTC Vive VR Headsets: The HTC Vive is a virtual reality headset developed by HTC and Valve Corporation. The headset uses “room scale” tracking technology, allowing the user to move in 3D space and use motion-tracked handheld controllers to interact with the environment.