Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes are a great way enable you to learn new skills, progress into specialisms or take on new responsibilities. This means that you can further advance your skills by studying a postgraduate course, single module or attending a short study skills session.
Healthcare CPD Programmes
Continuous professional development (CPD) in healthcare is fundamental for healthcare practitioners. We offer a number of specialist professional development programmes for qualified healthcare professionals in areas of nursing, podiatry, occupational therapy, midwifery and professional healthcare.
- Advanced Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- Advanced Dementia Care
- Advancing Assessment and Reasoning Skills
- Advancing Practice in Action
- Assessment and Management of Minor Illness
- Assessment and Management of Minor Injury
- Diagnostic Reasoning for Practice
- Enhancing Advanced Practice
- The Lower Limb at Risk
- Non-Medical Prescribing Programme
- Progressing and Influencing Practice
Education CPD Programmes
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for education leaders, teachers and support staff. Wherever you currently are with your career or teaching experience, we offer a variety of full-time, part-time and distance learning courses to enable you to further advance your skills and realise your full potential. For more information on the below CPDs, please contact the given email address.
- Early Inspirations: CPD for the Early Years Sector – Gill.Sykes@northampton.ac.uk
- Primary Computing – Helen.Caldwell@northampton.ac.uk
- Trinity Certificate of Music Educators – James.Underwood@northampton.ac.uk
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion, short CPD courses – email@example.com
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Foundation Degree Learning and Teaching
- Learning and Teaching (top up) BA (Hons)
Language CPD Programmes
Psychology CPD Programmes
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)
- Graduate Certificate in Enhanced Evidence-Based Practice in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Graduate Certificate in Wellbeing Practice (Children and Young People)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Enhanced Evidence-Based Practice in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Supervision Training
- Postgraduate Certificate in Transformational Leadership
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education Mental Health Practitioner
- Postgraduate Diploma in Systemic Family Practice
Bespoke courses for school leaders, teachers, teaching assistants and others
We run bespoke courses for schools which include master’s modules in areas such as Action Research and Middle Leadership. Each of these courses can be tailored to the needs of individual schools. We can also offer one or two day courses or conferences on subject specific skills or curriculum design as well as courses for support staff. The topics listed above are not exhaustive. Please contact us for more information and to discuss your training needs.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.