Having taught in both the Further and Higher Education sectors in a variety of roles for over 20 years Vicki has a wealth of experience in teaching students from a wide range of backgrounds. Vicki led, developed and coordinated the Foundation Framework in the School of the Arts last year and is now Subject Leader for the Foundation Framework across the University. She understands the issues which may become a barrier to Higher Education and impact on the successful completion of a degree programme.
Vicki studied Fashion Knitwear at Central Saint Martins in London and has several years of industry experience. She is now working towards her application to become a Senior Fellow of the HEA.
Specialism Fashion and Knitwear Design Present Post: Divisional Leader, Fashion and Textiles, 1.0 F/T Field Chair, Fashion The University of Northampton Academic Qualifications: BA (Hons) Fashion & Knitwear Design 1990 – 1994 Central St Martins School of Art Industrial Experience Terracotta, Independent womenswear store, 1995 – 2000 Manageress and buyer. JO–Y –JO, Manchester, 1994 – 1995 Knitwear designer. Errol Peak, Floral Street, Covent Garden 1995 – 1995 Freelance knitwear designer
Teaching Experience Divisional Leader & Field Chair, 2010 – current University of Northampton. Cross School responsibility for Internationalisation. 2011-current Validation panel – MA Design 2011 Lead PSR Fashion & Textiles 2011 Restructuring Modules across the following provision:
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design
- BA (Hons) Footwear and Accessories
- BA (Hons) Textiles for Fashion
- BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing
- MA Fashion and Textiles Course Leader Surface Design and Printed Textiles
- 2009 – 2010 Senior Lecturer in Fashion and Textiles
- 2007 – 2009 Course Leaser HND 3D Design
Module Leader for:
- Level 4 Integrated practice 1 – Research and design development (40 credits)
- Integrated practice 2 – Design and Realisation (60 credits)
- Level 5 Integrated practice 3 – Design research and context (40 credits)
- Integrated practice 4- Design technology and Professional Practice (60 credits)
- Level 6 Final Major Project (80 credits) Dissertation supervision (20 credits)
- Dissertation supervision (40 credits)
Lead team in QAA inspection.
External Examiner BA Fashion Studies with Business 2010 – 2014 London Metropolitan University
BA Fashion and Business Manchester Metropolitan University , Hollings 2010 – 2014
Recent Exhibitions and Research Successful bid for Formula Fashion, Arts Council funded project. 2011 2 Successful bids, Santander funded projects 2010/2011 British Council Bid, Sino UK Collaboration and conference. China 2010/2011 Successful bid for Knowledge catalyst, Paper and Cloth. 2011 “Calling concept Vera” exhibition 2009 The University of Northampton Gallery “ Empirical” Staff exhibition, 2009 The University of Northampton Gallery. 2007 Hills and the Three Deans Rugby Art Gallery and Museum. Commissioned childrenswear. 2001 Collaborative Project Work “Wedding Vessels” Commercial wedding fare touring work in collaboration 2006 with Gail Froggatt a floral designer. Made in the Middle, Touring exhibition, Active research project with Jacea Club, 2006 Mayday trust and Rugby Art Gallery and Museum. Arts Council and Crafts Council funded.