Tanya Richardson owned and managed a children’s nursery and out of school club, at the same time as studying for her BA in Early Years at the University of Northampton.
She proceeded to gain a Distinction in an MA in Education, gaining a particular interest in young children’s speech and language development.
This is the topic that she is currently researching further as she undertakes her PhD with the University of Northampton, at the same time as lecturing full time in the Early Years Division of the School of Education.
BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies. Teaching on the following modules:
- Child Development
- Professional Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Leadership and Management
Tanya also teaches on the Foundation Degree in Early Years:
- Child Development
Tanya’s main area of interest is speech and language development in young children, with a particular interest on the effect of the environment on such development.
She is also interested in forest schools and outdoor play.
- Richardson, T. (2018) ‘Why haven’t I got one of those?’ A consideration regarding the need to protect non-participant children in early years research. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal. 27(1), pp. 5-14. 1350-293X.
- Richardson, T. (2017) A universal and transferable quality rating scale – is it possible? Invited Presentation presented to: European Early Childhood Education Research Association (EECERA) 27th Annual Conference, Bologna, Italy, 29 August – 01 September 2017.
- Richardson, T. and Murray, J. (2017) Are young children’s utterances affected by characteristics of their learning environments? A multiple case study. Early Child Development and Care. 187(3-4), pp. 457-468. 0300-4430.
- Richardson, T. and Holman, K. (2017) Placement experience: how academic support prepares students for the workplace experience. Invited Presentation presented to: Organisation Mondiale pour l’Education Préscolaire (OMEP) 69th World Assembly and International Conference, Opatija, Croatia, 19-24 June 2017.
- Richardson, T. (2016) Children as communicators: peers and others. In: Fitzgerald, D. and Maconochie, H. (eds.) Early Childhood Studies: a Student’s Guide. London: Sage. (In Press)
- Richardson, T. (2014) Speech and language development in a Forest School environment: an action research project. Sage Research Methods Cases.