Marcella is Senior Lecturer in Tourism Management
Marcella’s specialist teaching areas include:
- 21st Century Tourism Visitor Attractions Management Risk,
- Crisis and Post-Conflict Management in Tourism
Marcella’s main reasearch interests include:
- Tourism Destination Image & Regional Place Branding
- Risk, Crisis and Post-conflict Management & Communication in Tourism
- Tourism representation – postcolonial critique and critical marketing
- Textual methodologies – Content and Discourse analyses & Tourism in developing nations – Agro tourism
- Gender and Tourism
- Participatory Action Research
- Community tourism and Poverty Alleviation
- Daye, M. and Gill, K. (2017) Social enterprise evaluation: implications for tourism development. In: Sheldon, P. J. and Daniele, R. (eds.) Social Entrepreneurship and Tourism: Philosophy and Practice. Switzerland: Springer. pp. 173-192.
- Taylor, E., Daye, M., Kneafsey, M. and Barrett, H. (2014) Exploring cultural connectedness in the sustainability of rural community tourism development in Jamaica. PASOS. Revista de Turismo y Patrimonio Cultural [Journal of Tourism and Cultural Heritage]. 12(3), pp. 525-538. 1695-7121.
- Daye, M. (2014) F1 and city destination branding: a case study of Abu Dhabi. Invited Presentation presented to: 5th International Conference on Destination Branding and Marketing, Macau, SAR, China, 03-05 December 2014.
- Daye, M. (2014) Framing tourist risk in UK press accounts of Hurricane Ivan. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy. 10(3), pp. 186-198. 1751-8040.