Education and qualifications
- BA Hons Human Resource Management
- MA Human Resource Management
- Professional Member CIPD
- Fellow of the CIPD Non executive director Clubs for Young People Noprthamptonshire
Extensive experience as a human resources and operational manager for Warner Brothers International. Previous consultancy work includes creation and delivery of tailor made HR business solutions for clients including: British Gas, Direct Line, First Direct, Henkel Chemicals and BT.
HR service provision for small business clients with a strong focus on recruitment, selection, employment law and business legislation.
- Module leader for career development and planning
- Design and delivery of a variety of academic modules for under graduate, post graduate and distance learning students, local and international
- Design and delivery of professional/ accredited programmes and modules for external business clients and university partners
- A strong focus on current issues in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
Involvement in ongoing research in the field of human resource management and leadership with a view to continuous publication. A particular interest in the area of employability and continuous professional development.
- Fitzgerald, R., Anderson, M. and Thompson, R. (2015) Adding value: open online learning and the MBA. Electronic Journal of e-Learning. 13(4), pp. 250-259. 1479-4403.
- Anderson, M. (2014) Evaluating pedagogy for employability: illuminating students' perspectives on an intensive, undergraduate employability module. Invited Presentation presented to: Excavate to Innovate: ‘Unearthing' Students’ and Tutors’ Perceptions of Employability to Energise Work Based Pedagogy, The University of Northampton, 30 April 2014. (Unpublished)
- Fitzgerald, R., Anderson, M. and Thompson, R. (2014) MOOCs - mass marketing for a niche audience. Paper presented to: 13th European Conference on e-Learning (ECEL-2014), Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark, 30-31 October 2014. (Unpublished)
- Anderson, M., Fitzgerald, R. and Thompson, R. (2014) MOOCs - mass marketing for a niche audience? Invited Presentation presented to: Northampton Learning and Teaching Conference 2014: Northampton 2018: Planning, Designing and Delivering Student Success, The University of Northampton, 22 May 2014.
- Anderson, M. (2014) Making a MOOC - tips for technophobes. Workshop presented to: Northampton Learning and Teaching Conference 2014: Northampton 2018: Planning, Designing and Delivering Student Success, The University of Northampton, 22 May 2014. (Unpublished)
- Anderson, M. (2013) Using a joined up approach to get the message across regarding work experience and placements, with a view to enhancing student’s employability. Workshop presented to: Enhancing Employability through Placements in Higher Education, University of Huddersfield, 09 July 2013. (Unpublished)