Dr Kimberley Hill is an Associate Professor and Psychology Deputy Subject Lead at the University of Northampton.
Kimberley is a Chartered Psychologist, an Associate Fellow of the British Psychology Society and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. She first completed a BSc Degree in Psychology with First Class Honours after being awarded an Academic Excellence Scholarship by Oxford Brookes University. Kimberley was later awarded the Postgraduate Taught and Postgraduate Research Prize for her MRes degree in Psychological Research which was jointly taught by Oxford Brookes and The University of Oxford. Following this, she read for a PhD in Psychology and Health after being recommended to receive a DTP Studentship to support her doctoral studies. Kimberley also holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice and in Research Degree Supervision.
Following her role as a Lecturer at Oxford Brookes University, Kimberley joined the Psychology Division at the University of Northampton in 2014. As Psychology Deputy Subject Lead, Programme and Module Leader, Kimberley has provided subject, programme and module leadership, while teaching across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate modules. Kimberley also supervises and examines undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral student projects. Kimberley is adept in developing and coordinating courses for an international market. She has validated and led a number of successful Psychology programmes between the University of Northampton and global academic partners, while developing methods and procedures for Education with Others (EWO).
As a National STEM Ambassador and Psychology STEM lead, Kimberley has spearheaded Psychology’s inclusion in the University STEM agenda. As Deputy Chair of the University STEM Steering Group and she has run a number of outreach events involving local schools, FE and HE institutions to widen participation in STEM subjects. Kimberley also previously led the Northampton and District A-Level Psychology (NAP) Teacher’s Group and organises Practical Experience of Research Days, as well as Research Conferences for local young people. As a member of WISE, Kimberley is dedicated to enhancing access to science for all.
- National Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Ambassador (STEM)
- Committee Member, Social Psychology Section (SPS) of the British Psychology Society (BPS)
- Award Lead, The European Society for Prevention Research (EUSPR)
- The BPS Psychologist and Research Digest Editorial Advisory Committee
- Kimberley sits on publisher Advisory Committee and Reviewer Boards and is also a reviewer for journals in the area of Social, Cognitive and Health Psychology, Education and Prevention Science
- Founder and Early Careers Forum Co-Lead EUSPR (previous)
- Lead Editor, EUSPR Prevention Blog (previous)
- Committee Member of the BPS Division of Health Psychology (previous)
- Science for Prevention Academic Network (SPAN) Coordinator (previous)
- PsyPAG Division of Health Psychology Representative (previous)
- PsyPAG Social Media Committee (previous)
Professional Accreditation and Membership
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society (CPsychol)
- Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology (DART-P)
- Division of Health Psychology (DHP)
- Social Psychology Section (SPS)
- European Society for Prevention Research (EUSPR)
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
Current Associations and Research Groups
- Centre for Psychology and Social Sciences
- Health, Education and Behaviour Change (co-lead)
- Diversity, Community and Identity
- Oxford Brookes Prevention Group
- Institute for Public Safety, Crime and Justice
- Visiting Fellow, Centre for Brexit Studies, Birmingham City University
- Institute of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education