Jonathan Adams graduated from the University of Bradford in 1990 with a B.Eng. degree in electrical and electronic engineering. He also holds a Certificate in Education from the University of Leicester, and an M.A. in Continuing Education from the University of Warwick. His industrial background is in the lift making industry where he spent nearly 10 years. For the past 17 years he has been employed at The University of Northampton specialising in distance education for the lift industry. He is currently Head of Lift Education, and Associate Head of the University’s Framework.
His research interests include teaching and learning strategies used in continuing education, and in the use of electronic methods for delivery, assessment and support, and he is currently undertaking a PhD in this area.
He is a Teaching Fellow of The University of Northampton.
Education and Qualifications
- PhD Engineering Education The University of Northampton 2006-present
- MA Continuing Education The University of Warwick 1996
- Certificate in Education The University of Leicester 1994
- BEng Elec/Electronic Engineering The University of Bradford 1990
- Head of Lift Education (full time)/ The University of Northampton 2008
- Associated Head of Frameworks
- Senior Lecturer (full time) The University of Northampton 1992 – 2008
- Lecturer (part time) Nene College Northampton 1990 – 1992
- Research Engineer The Express Lift Co Ltd 1990 – 1992
- Undergraduate Apprentice The Express Lift Co Ltd 1986 – 1990
- Indentured Technician Apprentice The Express Lift Co Ltd 1983 – 1986
- Member of The University of Northampton Learning and Teaching Committee
- Chair of The University of Northampton Distance Learning Working Group, which reports to the above committee