Dr. James Xue studied BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems from the University of Nottingham and obtained a First Class Honours degree in 2004. He then studied MSc and Ph.D. both in Computer Science at the University of Warwick in 2005 and 2006, respectively. Dr. Xue worked as Postdoc Researcher and Software Developer for University of Warwick and Cardiff University before joining the University of Northampton as a lecturer in 2010.
Dr. Xue is the programme leader for BSc/HND Computing (general pathway). He is responsible for teaching the following modules:
- Databases 3 (Level 6)
- Databases (Level 7)
- Group Project (Level 5)
- Computing Dissertation (Level 6)
Dr. Xue’s areas of interest include distributed systems; database technologies; data mining and applications; digital healthcare, etc.
- Xue, J. (2018) Mining association rules for admission control and service differentiation in e-commerce applications. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. 1942-4795. (In Press)
- Al-Sadi, A., Al-Sherbaz, A., Xue, J. and Turner, S. J. (2017) Developing an asynchronous technique to evaluate the performance of SDN HP Aruba switch and OVS. In: IEEE Computing Conference 2018. London: IEEE. (Accepted)
- Al-Sadi, A., Al-Sherbaz, A., Xue, J. and Turner, S. J. (2016) Routing algorithm optimization for Software Defined Network WAN. In: 2016 Al-Sadeq International Conference on Multidisciplinary in IT and Communication Science and Applications (AIC-MITCSA). U.S.: IEEE. 9781509032471.
- Oakes, J., Johnson, M., Xue, J. and Turner, S. J. (2016) Simplified deployment of virtual machines using an intelligent design engine. In: Proceedings of Science and Information (SAI) Computing Conference 2016. London: IEEE. 9781467384605. pp. 566-572.
- Al-Sadi, A., Al-Sherbaz, A., Turner, S. J. and Xue, J. (2016) The management of distributed software defined networks in smart cities. Workshop presented to: School of Science and Technology Annual Research Conference, Newton Building, The University of Northampton, 02 March 2016. (Unpublished)
- Al-Sadi, A., Al-Sherbaz, A., Xue, J. and Turner, S. J. (2015) The management of the future internet. Workshop presented to: 8th Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Postgraduate Research Conference 2015: Innovation, Manchester Metropolitan University, 05 November 2015. (Unpublished)
- Xue, J. (2014) Contextualised problem-based approach for teaching undergraduate database module. Paper presented to: Higher Education Academy Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (HEA STEM ) (Computing): Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Databases (TLAD) 2014, Southampton Solent University, 04 July 2014. HEA website : Higher Education Academy. (Unpublished)
- Xue, J. and Ravindra, G. (2014) Enhance student engagement and fair marking of group work using collaborative writing. Paper presented to: 10th China-Europe International Symposium on Software Engineering Education (CEISEE), Chengdu, China, 24-25 April 2014. (Unpublished)
- Al-Sherbaz, A., Minai, A., Dravid, R. and Xue, J. (2011) An embedded pedagogic model for computer forensics within an undergraduate programme. Workshop presented to: 7th Annual Teaching Computer Forensics Workshop, University of Sunderland, UK, 10 November 2011. (Unpublished)
- Xue, J. and Jarvis, S. A. (2010) QoS-aware service selection. In: Griffiths, N. and Chao, K.-M. (eds.) Agent-Based Service-Oriented Computing. London: Springer. pp. 225-250.
- Xue, J., Chester, A. P., He, L. and Jarvis, S. A. (2009) Model-driven server allocation in distributed enterprise systems. Paper presented to: 3rd International Conference on Adaptive Business Information Systems (ABIS 2009), Leipzig, Germany, 23-25 March 2009. (Unpublished)
- Xue, J., Chester, A. P., He, L. and Jarvis, S. A. (2009) Model-driven server allocation in distributed enterprise systems. Communications of SIWN. 6, pp. 42-50. 1757-4439.
- Chester, A. P., Xue, J., He, L. and Jarvis, S. A. (2008) A system for dynamic server allocation in application server clusters. Paper presented to: 24th UK Performance Engineering Workshop (UKPEW 2008), London, 03-04 July 2008. Also presented at: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (ISPA 2008), Sydney, Australia, 10-12 December 2008 (Unpublished)