Duminda Rajasinghe is a Lecturer in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour. Prior to working at the University of Northampton, he has lectured in both Salford Business School and York Business School. He holds an MA in leadership and management and a BSc in Computing and Information Systems. His PhD research explored executive coaching as a leadership development intervention. Duminda has a professional qualification in Human Resource Management. He is also a fellow of the UK higher education academy (FHEA).
Prior to his academic career, Duminda has worked as a Human Recource professional in few different multinational organisations and as a Business Analyst. He has also done consultancy work with local businesses in Yorkshire, especially on their web presence and use of web 2.0 technologies for business development.
Duminda teaches organisational behaviour, human resource management and business research methods for both postgraduate and undergraduate students. He also manages distance learning and the modules delivered in different parts of the world as part of University’s partnership arrangements.
His research interests lie in people development, executive coaching, adult learning, and leadership development.
He engages with Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA) – London research group, University forum of Human Resource Development (UFHRD) and networks with Oxford Brookes University Coaching and Mentoring Society (OBCAMS).
- Rajasinghe, D. and Mansour, H. F. (2018) Coaching as an entrepreneurship learning and development tool. In: Mulhollad, G. and Turner, J. (eds.) Mulhollad, Gary and Turner, Jason Enterprise Education in UK Higher Education: Theory Policy and Practice. Abingdon: Taylor and Francis. (Accepted)
- Rajasinghe, D., Aluthgama-Baduge, C. and Mulholland, G. (2018) Interpretative phenomenological analysis as an entrepreneurship research methodology. Paper presented to: 25th Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES) Conference, Berlin, Germany, 23-25 May 2018.
- Johnston, A., Nachmias, S. and Rajasinghe, D. (2017) Driving academic motivation – what brings us to the table? Paper presented to: British Academy of Management 31st Annual Conference (BAM2017), Warwick University, 05-07 September 2017.
- Rajasinghe, D. (2017) Executive coaching: a sustainable leadership development intervention. In: Tome, E., Sousa, M. J. and Costa, S. (eds.) Tome, Eduardo, Sousa, Maria Jose and Costa, Sandra Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Human Resource Development Research and Practice across Europe. Lisbon: UFHRD. pp. 128-144.
- Rajasinghe, D.R. (2017), Executive Coaching: A Sustainable Leadership Development Intervention, 18th International human resource development research and practice conference across Europe, 7th – 10th June, Universidade Europeia, Lisbon, Portugal
- Rajasinghe, D.R. (2015), Executive Coaching for Leadership Development: Understanding Leaders’ Sense Making of their Development, 17th Annual ILA global conference, leading across borders and generations, 14th October – 18th October, Barcelona, Spain.
- Rajasinghe, D.R. (2015), Emerging themes of an Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis on Business Leaders Experience of Executive Coaching, research reflections, York St John University research conference, 10th September.
- Rajasinghe, D.R. (2015), Interpretative phenomenological analysis to understand how leaders make sense of their development, 16th international human development research and practice conference across Europe, 3rd June – 5th June, University Collage Cord, Ireland.
- Rajasinghe, D.R. (2015), Leadership development through executive coaching, 11th annual coaching and mentoring research conference, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, 15th January.
- Hettiarchchi, C.D. and Rajasinghe, D.R (2010), Implications of social media on presidential election campaign in Sri Lanka, Internet Institute, Oxford University, and Oxford.