Anthony is undertaking his PhD at the University of Northampton entitled ‘It’s Time to Give This Wretched World the Queen It Deserves:’ ‘Representations of the Wicked Queen in Contemporary Narratives’.
His general research interests are queer theory and gender representations – particularly notions of gender, power and leadership and pathological gendered behaviour in screen media. Additionally, Anthony works on contemporary Young Adult literature, media and culture and postmodernism.
Anthony was a researcher and project co-Ordinator for the Heritage Lottery Funded project and subsequent documentary ‘The Changing Face of Northampton’s Racecourse’ in 2018.
Anthony has worked on the following funded research projects:
- SuCEED@8 ‘Supporting the notion of PGR Community to Collaborate and Emotionally – -Engage with Digital Shifts at Level 8 (2017)
- Exploring the use of the Socratic Dialogue in Teaching and Learning (2017)
- The Changing Face of Northampton’s Racecourse (Heritage Lottery Funded) (2018)
- Exploring the Ethical Implications of Staff:Student Research Partnerships. (2018)
- TECH4ALL Enhancing Digital Literacy in H.E (2019)
In December 2017 Anthony co-organised the international conference ‘Investigating Identities in Young Adult Literature’ at the University of Northampton.
In February 2020 Anthony co-organised the international conference ‘Straight to the Front Row: Investigating Contemporary Western Gay Male Cinema’ at the University of Northampton.