Foundation Study Framework
The Foundation Study Framework offers a new and exciting route into studying for a degree, attracting ambitious and driven students who are willing to learn and advance.
If you have non-standard qualifications or do not quite meet the admissions requirements for your course, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to study a four year version of the course which includes a Foundation Study Framework Year. The Foundation Study Framework will help you develop the theoretical/practical and academic skills you need, in order to successfully progress to the full award.
Featuring a reduced tuition fee in the first year, our four-year courses will enable you to successfully follow the degree pathway of your choice while gaining essential study skills. The foundation year of your chosen degree will be studied on a full-time basis and is aimed at supporting the transition to higher education. Years two, three and four are then studied as a standard degree programme.
In your first year of study on the four year course you will study three 40 credit modules that form the Foundation Study Framework. Upon successful completion of these modules, you will progress to Stage two of your chosen course.
Fees and Funding
The Foundation Study Framework tuition fee for 19/20 entry is £6,600 and subsequent years of study are £9,250 for home and EU students. The tuition fee for International students is £9,800 for the first Foundation Study Framework year and subsequent years of study are £12,500*. On entering the second year of study, all students are eligible to apply for a range of bursaries, scholarships or awards that can be found through the Funding Your Study page on the website.
The University of Northampton Bursary will be paid to all Home/EU eligible students who meet the criteria for this award, following successful completion of their first year of study on a four year degree programme. The criteria can be found on the Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards page. This is an income related bursary and does not have to be repaid. It will not affect payment of a student’s maintenance loans or maintenance grants.
The Foundation Study Framework could be an option for a student who may not meet the tariff points required for admission into their preferred three year course, or those who are making a significant change in terms of the subject they would like to study. Admission to this course is normally gained from A levels or BTEC programmes of study equating to DEE or DD. However, we would also like to hear from you if you have one of the following:
• professional or industry experience
• a range of other qualifications
• self-developed subject knowledge that relates to the course you wish to study
If your interest in the course relates to a career change of direction or if you are returning to education after time away, then we suggest you make arrangements to attend for an advisory interview with the course team so we can explore how best to support your study ambitions.
Our Foundation Study Framework provides the best possible grounding to develop student’s key skills and core subject knowledge – building confidence and awareness to study within an excellent University environment.
Application is through UCAS and, if necessary, applicants will be offered an interview to discuss this study option with course staff.
* From year 2 onwards prices may increase. You will be notified of any changes
Business and Management
- Advertising Digital Marketing BA (Hons)
- Banking and Financial Planning BSc (Hons)
- Business Entrepreneurship BA (Hons)
- Business Studies BA (Hons)
- Economics BSc (Hons)
- Events Management BA (Hons)
- Human Resource Management BA (Hons)
- Management BA (Hons)
- International Tourism Management BA (Hons)
- Fashion Marketing BA (Hons)
- International Development BA (Hons)
- International Business BA (Hons)
- Marketing Management BSc (Hons)
Criminal Justice Studies
- Architectural Technology BSc (Hons)
- Graphic Communication BA (Hons)
- Illustration BA (Hons)
- Interior Architecture & Spatial Design BA (Hons)
- Product Design BSc (Hons)
- Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)
- Education Studies BA (Hons)
- Childhood and Youth BA (Hons)
- SEN and Inclusion BA (Hons)
Sports Performance and Development
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.