Our professional courses are a flexible way for you to develop skills related to your career. We provide courses in a variety of subject areas.
Business and management
Our professional business courses are designed for you to study alongside your work and corporate training programmes. Many of our courses come with professional and industry related accreditations including:
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Institute of Corporate Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
With years of experience behind us, our extensive professional healthcare courses are contemporary, interdisciplinary, and closely linked to local and national healthcare agendas.
We also offer professional short courses, which are ideal if you want to develop your knowledge of a specialised area. We also offer courses for those who wish to return to nursing, midwifery or health visiting.
Our Doctorate of Professional Practice is grounded in healthcare practice and aims to equip you to make change happen in health and social care.
We offer professional development at postgraduate level to support primary teachers and schools, from Initial Teacher Training through to Leadership.
We run the following programmes at Masters’ level for practising teachers, available for full time and part time study:
- MA Education
- MA Education (Early Years)
- MA Education (Mathematics)
- MA Education Leadership and Management
- MA Education SEN and Inclusion
- PG Cert Primary Mathematics (MaST)
- PG Cert Primary English
- The SENCO award
Bespoke masters courses
We also run bespoke Masters modules and courses at individual schools or at a cluster of schools. They are tailored to your experiences in a specific area of interest. Discounts are available for ten or more participants.
For more information please email James Underwood.
Programmes in Specialist Subjects: Mathematics, English and Computing (Primary)
These two year programmes provide you with deep subject and educational knowledge that informs, and is informed by, your practice. You will develop ways of working with colleagues across your school and learn how to implement improvements in teaching and learning. The programme awards 60 masters level credits. Any qualified teacher working within a primary school setting is eligible to apply, but you will require the recommendation and support of your Head Teacher.
Individual CPD Days and Twilight Sessions
We also run a wide range of full day and twilight continuous professional development (CPD) sessions. Topics that we have led sessions on recently for local schools include the following:
- Forest Schools
- Behaviour for learning
- Creative teaching within the new National Curriculum
- Teaching algebra and geometry
- English across the curriculum
- PSHE in the new curriculum
- Leading change from the middle
- Computing and coding
- Using iPads
If you would be interested in the University delivering CPD for your school please email James Underwood.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.