LinkedIn Learning for Students
What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is a huge library of high-quality online video tutorials. It is free to University of Northampton students* and is a key tool to support you in developing your study skills, digital skills, business skills, and lots more.
The expert-led online video tutorials are subtitled and include exercise files to practice upon alongside. On-screen controls mean you decide the pace of your learning, plus you can view content on any device either via your browser or by downloading the app.
Should you wish, you can also easily upload any certificates of completion to a LinkedIn account to promote your key skills to future employers.
*valid for the length of your studies here. The University reserves the right to withdraw this at any time. Only available for students enrolled directly at The University of Northampton. It is not licensed for any students enrolled with partners.
How do I log in and use?
There are several options to login. You can either:
- Use the LinkedIn Learning single sign on link and log in using your UON student number and password. If requested, also use your University email (@my.northampton.ac.uk).
- Go to www.linkedin.com/learning > click Sign in with your organization portal > enter northampton.ac.uk (if logging in for a 2nd time click Continue). This will redirect to the UON portal, and after authentication, will redirect to www.linkedin.com/learning.
- Using the LinkedIn Learning Android app or iOS app > Organization tab > Enter northampton.ac.uk under Web Portal – this will also redirect to the UON portal.
Please note you can log in on any device including smart phones, iPads and more.
How do I use it most effectively?
Please download and read our LinkedIn Learning guide for more information.
What if I have any issues?
If you have any problems logging into LinkedIn Learning, please contact the IT Service Desk via:
Further resources available to University of Northampton students
Make sure you’re aware of and also use the following key resources:
- Changemaker Hub Portal – explore social innovation, gain valuable work experience, meet employers, and prepare yourself for life after University.
- The Skills Hub – an open access resource containing videos, guides, interactive tutorials and blog posts covering core academic skills areas at an array of levels.
- The Student Hub – after you get your UON account, this is your one stop shop to all student support, campus services, your email, timetables, my course, exams and results, term dates, printing, the student handbook, downloading Office 2016, and lots more.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.