Student halls car parking (Boughton Green Road Halls)
Halls of residence parking
There is limited residential student parking available at Boughton Green Road and Waterside residences only. Spaces are prioritised for students who need to bring a car for health reasons, or those onan official academic placement during an academic term. The costs for residential parking permits are:
- Term 1 – £60 per term (21 September – 31 December 2019)
- Term 2 – £80 per term (1 January – 31 March 2020)
- Term 3 – £100 per term (1 April – 31 July 2020)
This scheme currently operates on an application basis with a needs-based criteria model outlined below:
- Blue Badge Holder approved by ASSIST),
- Registered with ASSIST (approved by ASSIST as needing a vehicle),
- Undertaking an official academic placement,
- Registered carer (evidence required),
- Ill health/immediate family ill health (evidence required).
The remaining permits will be issued based on:
- The time taken to travel home by public transport versus private car. (Where public transport takes twice as long or more compared to car travel, we will try to award a space),
- Rural home location with limited public transport links,
- Home address is more than 100 miles away,
- First to apply/applying within the deadline period.
As well as a permit, students will need to be issued with a barrier fob to gain access to the car park at Boughton Green Road Halls Fob cards will be valid for the term only. . Fobcards do not relate to enforcement. Penalty Charge Notices will be issued if a permit is invalid or not present, regardless of whether a student has a valid fob card.
To apply for a termly permit complete the Halls of Residence Parking application Form for the relevant term in excel format only, and email to: email@example.com. This form will be available to download from this web page once open for applicants (opens 5 August 2019).
Permits are only valid for one term, so students must reapply for the following term if they wish to extend their permit. A successful application for one term does not automatically guarantee a successful application for the next term.
The application process for student halls parking will be open for the month previous to the term starting, except for the first term where applications will be open for longer i.e:
|Term||Applications accepted during the month of||Deadline||Response from Halls Parking||Permit validity|
|Term One||5 August 2019||1 September||9 – 13 September||21 September – 31 December|
|Term Two||December 2019||16 December||21 December||1 January 2020 – 31 March 2020|
|Term Three||March 2020||17 March||March 24th||1 April – 31 July|
Applications received after the deadline will only be considered if they meet the top criteria, i.e. Blue Badge or ASSIST, other applications will not be accepted.
Postcode restrictions apply, students whose home address is within 5 miles of their halls address (as determined by the AA route Planner) are not eligible to apply for a permit unless they meet the criteria outlined above.
The next nearest car parks to St Johns Halls are either Commercial Street or Midsummer Meadow, students can currently apply for a permit here subject to Northampton Borough Council T&Cs. Please note the University cannot guarantee or influence its decision. Further information can be found on the Government website.
However, St John’s Halls will be just half a mile from the new campus and therefore just a 10-minute walk or 4-minute cycle ride to lectures and the many facilities there.
Should you need to speak to someone in relation to residential car parking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
By parking your vehicle on University land you agree to a parking contract. If you do not park according to the conditions of this contract you will be issued a £70 Parking Charge Notice (PCN). The PCN charge will be reduced to £35 if you pay within 14 days.
For the full terms and conditions please read the University of Northampton Parking Contract.
Purchased, uncollected, barrier fobs and parking permits can be refunded within 7 days of purchase.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.