Studying With Us
The University of Northampton has an excellent range of supportive resources to aid students in all aspects of their studies in order to help them achieve their academic potential.
The University recognises that individuals will have different needs and offers a diverse range of personalised systems to help students achieve their aims. The University’s Learning Development team offers one-to-one sessions, telephone or e-tutorials, drop in sessions, bespoke workshops for groups of students. Learning Development also provides study packs, Infographics, videos and rough guides on all academic skills including statistics, essay writing, critical analytical writing, dissertations and numeracy.
All of our resources are available through NILE – Blackboard Learn. Each student is also assigned a personal tutor who can offer support and guidance on issues with mitigating circumstances, extensions and personal development planning.
The University library is open seven days, offering a range of timely and accessible learning support delivered online and face-to-face – embedded within courses or as personalised help. If you find the library overwhelming, are struggling with personal issues, have a disability, have mental health issues, a medical condition or a specific learning difference then we can support you through a variety of ways including:
- one-to-one sessions
- obtaining books in alternative formats
- access to study rooms and assistive equipment
- help with locating, reaching for and carrying material within the library
- introduction to your academic librarian
- free tools for reading and planning assistance
- collections of self help books
- information on copyright for visually impaired persons
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.