Study Skills for Academic Success
This free, online course is designed to help you if you are about to study an undergraduate course with us or are in your first year and want to:
- improve your study skills
- develop your academic confidence
- better understand what is expected of you in your degree
- develop greater autonomy as a learner
- achieve better grades in your assignments
In order to do this, the course focuses on improving your critical thinking, research, referencing, note taking and academic writing skills, to build your academic confidence.
The activities in this course are designed to engage you in specific learning. You will have opportunities to reflect on your learning and to engage with other students through discussion boards and blogs. This is a very interactive course and the more you engage with other learners, the more you will learn.
To participate in this course you must either be a current University of Northampton student enrolled on an undergraduate course or an applicant for an undergraduate course and have selected the University of Northampton as your firm choice institution.
- dedicated online site
- access to Skills Hub
- personal blog
- dedicated online resources
- support from specialist staff in Learning Development
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
- Full range of integrated learning environments
- 24/7 library and learning zone
- Low environmental impact