Paramedic Science Students C1 Driving Test
If you are studying Paramedic Science you will need to satisfy the medical conditions for driving emergency service vehicles as per the DSA/DVLA regulations including the C1 category. You are required to prove prior to the start of the course that you have:
a) The provisional C1 category on your full UK manual driving licence. If you have not already done so, please forward your original driving licence (card) to the Admissions Office, address below.
b) The theory test passes and supporting evidence provided.
c) Booked a full C1 practical driving test. The approximate cost of the tuition and test will be £1,500 (subject to inflationary increase). Evidence can be either an email or a letter from the driving company confirming the test date has been booked.
As stated in your offer conditions this information must be received by us by 22 September 2019. Please submit this information to the Admissions Office as soon as it is available by posting your documentation to:
Admissions Team 1 – C1 Driving Test
University of Northampton
St George’s Avenue
Please note: if you obtained your (car) driving licence before 1st January 1997, you may already have C1 entitlement, so please check your licence and forward it to us at the address above, or bring it in to us.
See our Find Us page for information on how to get to us.
Admissions drop-ins at Waterside
Where: Student Information Desk, Learning Hub, Waterside Campus, University Drive, Northampton NN1 5PH
When: Wednesdays 10am to 4pm*
*except Wednesday 31 July when Waterside campus will be closed for systems testing. On this Wednesday only you may come to see us on St George’s Avenue, as below.
Admissions drop-ins at St George’s Avenue
Where: Admissions, Newton Building, St. George’s Avenue, Northampton, NN2 6JB (please report to Newton Reception on arrival via the front entrance, to be directed to the Admissions Office)
When: Mondays and Fridays – 10am to 4pm
- Off road parking nearby or
- Short stay parking. Please use the Staff and Visitor entrance and access the barrier on the right hand side (car park 6 and 7), press the buzzer and state that you are a short stay visitor for the Admissions Office. Turn right and park in the designated short stay parking area outside the café/conservatory. Follow signs to Reception. Please note that you have a maximum of 30 minutes from arrival to exit, any longer and you will receive a penalty parking notice.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.