Advanced Skills for Academic Success
This free, online course is designed to help you if you are about to study at postgraduate level and want to:
- develop your understanding of studying at postgraduate level
- develop your critical thinking skills
- gain a greater understanding of research methods and methodologies
- learn more about how to develop academic writing styles
- have a greater understanding of assessments
In order to do this, the course focuses on improving your critical thinking, research, academic writing and assessment skills, to build your academic confidence.
The activities in this course are designed to engage you in specific learning. You will have opportunities to reflect on your learning and engage with other students through discussion boards and blogs. This is a very interactive course and the more you engage with other learners, the more you will learn.
To participate you must either be a current student enrolled on a postgraduate course or have applied to study with us at postgraduate level.
- dedicated online site
- access to Skills Hub
- personal blog
- dedicated online resources
- support from specialist staff in Learning Development
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.