Additional Needs Arrangements for Ceremonies
If you or any of your guests have additional needs there are various different arrangements we have made to try and make your ceremony easier.
For students and guests with additional needs, parking can be provided on campus but will need to be booked in advance. For security reasons, and due to the barriers that operate throughout the campus, there will be strictly no parking that hasn’t been pre-booked, this includes blue badge parking.
For those with additional needs, both guests and students, we are offering the following services which must be pre-booked, to make your day run smoothly.
- Car Parking on Waterside Campus – This will be available in car park 4. Barriers will be in operation, so this will need to be pre-booked with a specific number plate. There are also several blue badge spaces across campus which can be used, but you will still need to pre-book so your number plate is added to our car parking system.
- Dedicated return shuttle bus service – this service will do one journey before and after each ceremony from the campus to the theatre and back again. Please note as space is limited, only those with additional needs and one companion will be given seats on the bus, not the whole family. Those who book for this service will need to show their ticket when boarding. Tickets will be pre-booked and collected on campus. Please note that the shuttle bus service will depart allowing plenty of time for traffic, so we would be unable to accommodate any latecomers.
- Golf Buggy Service on Campus – the golf buggy service will take guests with additional needs from the Creative Hub (Gowning and Photography location) to the bus stop and back again. Our on-campus team will help you with this on the day, it does not need to be booked.
To book a car parking space and/or shuttle bus, please complete the following online form:
If you have a larger party and need two parking spaces, please complete the form twice.
The deadline for completing the form is the end of January. Once we have received all details and the deadline has passed we will email you prior to the ceremony to confirm the details.
Should demand for either car parking spaces or shuttle bus be exceptionally high, you may be asked to provide proof to access these services. We would get in touch with you regarding this if needed.
When booking your ceremony ticket you will be asked to confirm any additional needs you or your guests have that would affect where we seat you. We will consider this information and seat your party accordingly. Should you have not provided this information at the time of booking, please email email@example.com with the details as soon as possible.
Wherever possible we will accommodate all guests and students with additional needs, however, should you have concerns please contact us prior to the ceremony. We would always recommend to not leave queries regarding additional needs until the event, as should the venue be full, we may be unable to accommodate late requests. However, should circumstances change last minute, please visit the help desk in the theatre foyer for advice and help.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.