Verification Letters, Forms and Third Party Requests
We are currently using electronic stamps and an electronic signature for the Ceremonies and Certification Officer to authenticate documents in the first instance for completing certified copies of documents and verification letter requests. If you request for your certified copies or verification letter to be sent via post as well as email, this will be actioned as soon as we are able to but may be outside of our 4 week service level agreement at times.
If you have a deadline for paper copies to be sent, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can see what we can do.
If you require your documents to be sent to a third party, we recommend you provide us with their email address. This means that we can send them the completed verification directly so that it is sent from a university email address which will add to the authenticity of the verification.
We currently have an agreement with World Education Services (WES) to be able to process requests electronically. Any WES requests we receive will be processed to WES current requirements. Please note that any changes in requirements by WES, may result in a delay to our processes.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal verification letters for an employer, Educational Institution, Embassy or other third-party organisation can be purchased from our online shop. A verification letter or form completion costs £15 and may take up to 4 working weeks to be produced.
- All verification letter requests from former students
- Any forms confirming an award for third-parties whether requested by the student or third party directly
- All third-party letter requests and forms (with consent from the student)
- An Embassy requesting the information directly can do so by emailing email@example.com with consent from the student
- World Education Services (WES) Requests, please see further information below
- Reference letter requests: if you require a reference letter confirming student status (i.e. course title, start and end dates) please complete the general letter request form. Please note that this will not confirm if an award was conferred as this can only be confirmed by the above verification process. If you have any queries regarding reference letters, please contact the Student Information Desk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) Evaluation requests should contact email@example.com prior to purchasing a verification or certified copies
Verification letters and forms
If you are from a third-party organisation and requesting a verification letter or completion of a form, we will require the student to complete the data protection consent form.
Verification letters are printed on university headed paper and stamped with the university crest. If the documents are sent by post, the envelope will be sealed and then stamped with the university crest and signed by the Ceremonies and Certification Officer.
A verification letter confirms:
- your full name
- date of birth
- student ID number
- award title
- classification (if applicable)
- award date
- dates of study
- mode of study/attendance (e.g. full/part time or distance learning)
- partner institution information as required
Any forms will be completed as per the information above. If you require more specific details, for example, number of hours studied or placement information, we may need to pass your request onto other departments to obtain this information. We would advise emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more specific information prior to purchasing a verification in case this needs to be processed via another department or process.
Please note: we cannot guarantee that it will be possible to verify awards conferred prior to September 2005 due to limitations with the records we hold. We may be able to assist with the verification of certificates, however, this will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis and we will provide any refunds where necessary.
Once we have received your order and any emails containing follow-up information, we should have all of the information required to complete your letter or form, so please complete the form with as much detail as possible. We will only contact you should we require further information or encounter a problem completing the letter or form requested.
If you require certified copies of your certificate and/or transcript to be sent alongside a verification letter, please see our certified copies section. You can add both of these options to your shopping basket on the online shop.
Please note we will endeavour to issue your verification letter as quickly as possible within the 4 weeks it may take for it to be produced. All requested documentation will be posted by recorded delivery in the UK and by DHL if overseas.
World Education Services Requests
You can purchase a World Education Services request from our online shop. This costs £20 and covers completions of all of the requirements for a WES request, including:
- Certified copy of certificate and/or transcript
- Completion of WES request form (if required)
- Stamped and signed envelope seal
- Postage directly to WES Canada or New York
- A copy of the verification emailed to the named student (if you require hard copies, you will be required to purchase additional certified copies separately)
Once you have completed your order, please email scanned copies of your certificate and/or transcript and WES Academic Records Request form (if required) to email@example.com.