Verification Letters, Forms and Third Party Requests
About Verification Letters
Formal verification letters for an employer, Educational Institution, Embassy or other third-party organisation can be purchased from our online shop. A verification letter or form completion costs £15 and may take up to 4 working weeks to be produced.
- All verification letter requests from former students
- Any forms confirming an award for third-parties whether requested by the student or third party directly
- All third-party letter requests and forms (with consent from the student)
- An Embassy requesting the information directly can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with consent from the student
- World Education Services (WES) Requests, please see further information below
- Reference letter requests: if you require a reference letter confirming student status (i.e. course title, start and end dates) please complete the general letter request form. Please note that this will not confirm if an award was conferred as this can only be confirmed by the above verification process. If you have any queries regarding reference letters, please contact the Student Information Desk SID@northampton.ac.uk
- Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) Evaluation requests should contact email@example.com prior to purchasing a verification or certified copies
We use electronic stamps/signatures to authenticate documents. If you request for your certified copies or verification letter to be sent via post as well as email, this will be actioned the next time we are in the office.
If you require your documents to be sent to a third party, we recommend you provide us with their email address. This means that we can send them the completed verification directly so that it is sent from a university email address which will add to the authenticity of the verification.
We have an agreement with World Education Services (WES) to process requests electronically. Please note that any changes in requirements by WES, may result in a delay to our processes.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are from a third-party organisation and requesting a verification letter or completion of a form, we will require the student to complete the data protection consent form.
Verification letters are printed on university headed paper and stamped with the university crest. If the documents are also required to be sent by post, the envelope will be sealed and then stamped with the university crest and signed by the Ceremonies and Certification Officer.
A verification letter confirms:
- your full name
- date of birth
- student ID number
- award title
- classification (if applicable)
- award date
- dates of study
- mode of study/attendance (e.g. full/part time or distance learning)
- partner institution information as required
Any forms will be completed as per the information above. If you require very specific details, for example, number of hours studied or placement information, we may need to pass your request onto other departments to obtain this information. In this instance, before you make your purchase we recommend you email email@example.com and explain what you require, so that we can advise accordingly.
Please note: we cannot guarantee that it will be possible to verify awards conferred prior to September 2005 due to limitations with the records we hold. We may be able to assist with the verification of certificates, however, this will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis and we will provide any refunds where necessary.
To purchase verification letters, form completions, or third-party requests, please click the button below.
Once we have received your order and any emails containing follow-up information, we should have all of the information required to complete your letter or form, so please complete the order form with as much detail as possible. We will only contact you should we require further information or encounter a problem completing the letter or form requested.
If you require certified copies of your certificate and/or transcript to be sent alongside a verification letter, please see our certified copies section. You can add both of these options to your shopping basket on the online shop.
Please note we will endeavour to issue your verification letter as quickly as possible however it may take up to 4 working weeks. All requested documentation will be posted by recorded delivery in the UK and by DHL if overseas.
You can purchase a World Education Services (WES) request from our online shop. This costs £20 and covers completions of all of the requirements for a WES request, including:
- Certified copy of certificate and/or transcript
- Completion of WES request form (if required)
- A copy of the verification emailed directly to WES
- A copy of the verification emailed to the named student (if you require hard copies, you will be required to purchase additional certified copies separately)
Once you have completed your order, please email scanned copies of your certificate and/or transcript and WES Academic Records Request form (if required) to firstname.lastname@example.org.