Welcome to Early Inspirations
“The Early Years Team at the University of Northampton work to enthuse and inspire about the vital importance of a holistic approach to early childhood development, within a global context and adhering to our values that acknowledge uniqueness, strive for excellence, facilitate wellbeing and empower all.
“We recognise the importance of ongoing professional development and do hope that you enjoy being a member of our wider community of practice.”
Dr Eunice Lumsden, Head of Early Years
This video offers an insight from Ofsted, who presented how to maintain high levels of teaching and outstanding teaching standards within the reception year.
Courses and CPD Available
- Foundation Degree in Early Years
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies (top-up)
- Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS)
- MA Education (Early Years)
Read our expert blogs from our Early Years staff, here to help you develop as an Early Years Practitioner.
- Who are you? What do you do? Why do you have purple nails? – Jeanne Barczewska, Senior Lecturer in Education (Early Years), writes about her role and why she loves teaching at UoN
- Forest Schools and PhDs – PhD student Tanya talks about her journey, its roots and where she hopes to go in the future.
- Is ‘sharenting’ good parenting? – Senior Lecturer Michelle Bugby begins the discourse of the ethical considerations surrounding parents sharing information about their young children on social networks.
Early Years students both past and present share their experiences.
- Early Childhood Studies – Warda’s story
- Student Experience: My Week in Sweden and the Surprising Lessons I Learnt
- Changing conceptions of childhood
- Working with Vulnerable Children: The Most Valuable Thing I Learnt at UoN
- What is life story work? Kelly’s story
As a student working towards becoming an early years teacher, this course is an incredibly positive learning experience, particularly in relation to achieving the teachers standards. These standards are helping me to provide a high quality education to children. It has already had a positive impact on my professional practice – I am leading in more areas of learning within my departmental team. There has been great feedback and support for my studies, and the face to face sessions have been helping too. I am looking forward to continuing my professional journey.
Follow us on Twitter @UniNorthampton
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.