UON EU Scholarship 2020
Thanks for visiting our UON EU Scholarship page. Please note applications for the 20/21 academic year have now closed. However, if you made an application to the University of Northampton after 1 July 2020, please contact us directly on email@example.com with your applicant number and we will advise on availability.
The University of Northampton has a proud history of welcoming students from the European Union, and we are pleased to offer the UON EU Scholarship 2020.
The UON EU Scholarship 2020 is open to applicants from the EU who meet the Eligibility Criteria, shown below.
We have 50 scholarships, each to the value of £3000. Recipients will receive £1,000 per year, paid in two instalments, over a maximum of three years.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2020.
If you are not due to get your results until July, August or even later, you can still submit an application. You will be selected based on your personal statement and the scholarship will be subject to you achieving the academic grade requirement.
Please note that the online application form must be completed in one session, and cannot be saved for you to work on later. For this reason, we advise you have your personal statement ready to copy and paste when required.
- You must hold an offer to study on Year 1 of a full-time undergraduate programme (BA, BSc, BEng, MEng, LLB or Joint Honours) in September 2020, and pay a fee of £9,250
- You must be an EU national and normally reside in an EU country
- EU nationals who have been resident in the UK for less than five years and do not qualify for a maintenance loan may qualify
- You must have achieved the equivalent of A Level grades BBB or above in your high school qualifications. Please email the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the qualification and grade equivalence for your country.
Please note these do not need to be known at point of application, you can submit these when you receive them to secure the scholarship.
Students who do not submit a UON EU Scholarship 2020 application form and personal statement will not be considered even if they satisfy the other eligibility criteria.
- UK nationals and EU nationals who are eligible for a maintenance loan from Student Finance England will not qualify
- UK nationals and EU nationals who are eligible for NHS bursary will not qualify.
- Nationals from countries outside the EU and who are not deemed EU fee status by the University of Northampton will not qualify
- Students studying for a course validated by the University at a partner institution will not qualify
- Students studying for a postgraduate qualification or an undergraduate course of less than three years’ duration will not qualify.
Please follow our step-by-step guide:
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must have applied to the University of Northampton and received a Conditional or Unconditional offer.
- Once you have your offer, use the application form to submit details on how you would benefit from the scholarship. Please see guidance below.
- Our panel will review all applications received by the deadline (30 June 2020).
- If you are successful at application stage, you will be notified by email in July 2020.
- When you receive your results please submit them as soon as you are able (and if you haven’t already).
- If you hold a Conditional offer with us, your scholarship offer will also be conditional until your offer to study with us is Unconditional and you accept the offer as your Firm choice.
Please tell the awarding panel, in no more than 300 words, why you wish to receive the scholarship and how the award will benefit you. This may include what you plan to use it for and how it will help you achieve your academic or career ambitions. You may also provide any additional circumstances such as personal or family hardship if you wish to.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the merit of each individual’s application and academic eligibility.
If you are awarded a UON EU Scholarship 2020, you will be notified by email in July 2020. You will be required to advise Student Finance England of your UK bank account details as SFE will be making the payment on our behalf.
Once you have enrolled at the University of Northampton, payments will be made in two instalments each year of £500 on 15 March 2021 and 31 May 2021. Payments will be made on similar dates in the subsequent years, subject to academic progression.
Please note: the deadline to apply for the UON EU Scholarship 2020 is 30 June 2020.
If we do not award all 50 scholarships after this deadline, we may open a second round of applications at a later date. Updates will be posted on this webpage.
- A change of course to another qualifying programme within the University of Northampton will not affect the continuation of the scholarship. However, if this results in an extra year’s study the scholarship will still only be paid for a total of three years.
- Students must be fully enrolled, full-time when the payments are due to be made.
- Students studying the MEng will receive scholarship payments for the first three years of the programme.
- Students who do not satisfy the academic requirements to progress and are required to repeat a year (either full-time or part-time) or resit out of residence will not be eligible for payment in the repeat/resit year.
- Students who opt to take a sandwich/placement year will not receive payments in that year but payments will resume when they return to full-time study.
- Students who withdraw from their studies will not be eligible to receive any further scholarship payments in that year.
- Students who suspend/intercalate mid-way through the course will not be paid any further monies for that year but will be eligible to receive any outstanding bursary award due upon their return to study.
- The scholarship is available for the 2020/21 academic year only. If the in the case of deferral, or withdrawing and restarting, any award that has been offered will be withdrawn.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and may seek repayment of any monies already paid to them.
- The University reserves the right to withhold scholarship payments if you have any outstanding debt to the University; payment will not be made until the debt is cleared or you will be given the opportunity to transfer the scholarship to pay any outstanding amount.
- In cases not covered by the above terms and conditions, or where a student claims exceptional circumstances, or disputes a decision not to make payments, the Chief Operating Officer or his/her nominee will decide on any variations to these terms and conditions, and his/her decision will be final
If you have any queries about the UON EU Scholarship 2020, please contact the International Office at email@example.com
“I have always wanted to study Environmental Science and UON offered me the chance to choose the perfect combination of modules. Another reason was its good location in relation to other bigger cities and the variety of support offered to international students, from financial to academic and personal support.
Receiving a scholarship has been a great help as it took a bit of the financial burden off my shoulders and it helped me focus more on studying. I believe this is a great opportunity for European students, especially since not a lot of universities offer this kind of benefit.” – Sorina-Mihaela Sulitau, BSc (Hons) Environmental Science.