STAR Scholarship for Asylum Seekers
The University of Northampton STAR (Student Action for Refugees) Scholarship is available to applicants who can evidence their Asylum Seeker status, and who hold an academic offer of entry to the University of Northampton.
If you are currently in the UK, then you must hold the status afforded by the UK Government of ‘humanitarian protection’, or have Discretionary leave to Remain on the basis of an asylum application. All of the above qualified statuses must have been granted from a date normally within three years from the start date of any undergraduate course for which you are applying. You will also need to have evidence of (where applicable) English language proficiency (IELTS or otherwise);
The University of Northampton offers a maximum of five scholarships to applicants studying an undergraduate course of up to three years.
The total value of the scholarship is up to £17,450:
- up to £9,250 as funding for your tuition fees (in the form of fee waiver);
- up to £5,200 as funding for your single person accommodation in University halls of residence (in the form of an accommodation cost waiver);
- £3,000 for living costs (this payment is on a monthly basis, subject to ongoing attendance of the scheduled learning and teaching activities and completion of assessments associated with your chosen course and must be paid into your British bank account).
How to Apply
Once you have received an offer to study at the University of Northampton and have accepted your course offer, you should complete the application form for this scholarship. No scholarship applications will be considered without evidence. The University reserves the right to contact the Home Office to verify an applicant’s right to study if there is any doubt over their immigration status or entitlement to study.
Applications are then reviewed by a panel of University staff, where we reserve the right of discretion with regards to the disbursement of each STAR Scholarship being offered. We will review each application on an individual basis and awards will be made based on academic merit.
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships Administrator by emailing email@example.com
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
- Full range of integrated learning environments
- 24/7 library and learning zone
- Low environmental impact