EU Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship is open to applicants from the European Union who have achieved excellent grades in their high school qualifications.
We have 50 scholarships to the value of £3,000 each. Eligible recipients will be paid £1,000 in each year of study (up to a maximum of three years). This award is applicable to EU students entering full-time higher education for the first time in the academic year 2019/20. All funds are provided by the University.
- You must enrol on a full-time undergraduate programme (BA, BSc, BEng, MEng, LLB or Joint Honours) and pay a fee of £9,250
- You must be an EU national and normally reside in an EU country
- EU nationals who have been residents in the UK for less than five years and do not qualify for a maintenance loan or NHS bursary may qualify
- You must have achieved the equivalent of A Level grades AAB+ in your high school qualifications. Please email the International Office at email@example.com to confirm the qualification and grade equivalent for your country.
- UK nationals and EU nationals who are eligible for a maintenance loan from Student Finance England will not qualify.
- UK nationals and EU nationals who are eligible for NHS bursary will not qualify.
- Nationals from countries outside the EU and who are not deemed EU fee status by the University of Northampton will not qualify.
- If you are studying for a course validated by the University at a partner institution you will not be eligible.
If you hold an unconditional firm offer with the University of Northampton you are invited to complete and return the EU Scholarship application form. You must include with your application form, a scanned copy of your high school diploma to prove your exam results.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the merit of each individual’s qualifications. We will use the information given in the application form’s supporting statement where we ask you to explain how receiving the scholarship will help you to achieve your academic and career plans, to identify those who will benefit most from the scholarship.
You will be able to submit your EU Undergraduate Scholarship application form before you have confirmed your place with us, but applications will not be considered until you have firmly accepted your place at the University of Northampton and exam results are confirmed.
Please note: Students who do not submit an EU Undergraduate Scholarship application form will not be considered even if they satisfy the other eligibility criteria.
Notification of an Award
If you are successfully awarded an EU Undergraduate Scholarship you will be notified by email in September 2020. You will be required to advise Student Finance England of your UK bank account details as SFE will be making the payment on our behalf.
Student Finance will confirm your Scholarship payments around February 2019. Payments will be made in two equal instalments each year of £500 on 15 March 2019 and 31 May 2019. Payments will be made on similar dates in the subsequent years.
General Terms and Conditions
- A change of course to another qualifying programme within the University of Northampton will not affect the continuation of the scholarship. However, if this results in the need to study an extra year the scholarship will still only be paid for a total of three years.
- Students must be fully enrolled, full-time when the payments are due to be made.
- Students studying the MEng will receive scholarship payments for the first three years of the programme.
- Students who do not satisfy the academic requirements to progress and are required to repeat a year (either full-time or part-time) or resit out of residence will not be eligible for payment in the repeat/resit year.
- Students who opt to take a sandwich/placement year will not receive payments in that year but payments will resume when they return to full-time study.
- Students who withdraw from their studies will not be eligible to receive any further scholarship payments in that year.
- Students who suspend/intercalate mid-way through the course will not be paid any further monies for that year but will be eligible to receive any outstanding bursary award due upon their return to study.
- The number of scholarship awards is allocated for 2019/20 academic year only. If you defer or withdraw and restart, any award that has been offered will become void and you will need to re-apply for the following year.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and may seek repayment of any monies already paid to them.
- The University reserves the right to withhold scholarship payments if you have any outstanding tuition fee debt; payment will not be made until the debt is cleared or you will be given the opportunity to transfer the scholarship to re-pay any outstanding amount.
- In cases not covered by the above terms and conditions, or where a student claims exceptional circumstances, or disputes a decision not to make payments, the Chief Operating Officer or his/her nominee will decide on any variations to these terms and conditions, and his/her decision will be final.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.