Care Leavers Accommodation Award
If you are from a care background and studying a full time undergraduate course with us, you may be eligible to access a fully funded place in our Halls of Residence for the academic year 2020/21. This Award will be funding up to 50 places in Halls of Residence.
The Care Leavers Accommodation Award allows Care Leavers to apply for a place in any of our Halls of Residence for a full 52-week contract, totally free of charge for their first year of study.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- you are beginning the first academic year of your course in 2020/21
- you are under the age of 25 on the first day of the first academic year of your course (1 September for courses starting in the autumn term)
- you are a ‘Home’ student enrolled on a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Northampton. EU and International students are not eligible to apply for this award
- you must have been in care, or under a care order, for a period of at least thirteen weeks since the age of 14 or you are from a Foyer. (You must provide a supporting letter from your Local Authority or support worker to confirm this)
- you must not be living with parents or receiving any financial support from parents
How to Apply
You must have the University of Northampton as your firm choice on UCAS in order to receive access to this portal and apply for accommodation. Applicants will be required to provide supporting evidence of their care experience alongside their accommodation application. If you are eligible for the Award, you will not need to pay a deposit for Halls of Residence.Download Application Form (Word 28KB)
Although our accommodation application process does not have an official deadline, places in Halls of Residence are limited, and for all students are based on a first come-first served basis. Due to this, we encourage applicants for this award to apply for their accommodation as soon as they are able to.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.