Care Leaver / Foyer Award
If you are from a care background or a Foyer, you may be eligible to receive an award of £1,500 per year to help with your course and accommodation costs during your studies.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- you are under the age of 25 on the first day of the first academic year of your course (1 September for courses starting in the autumn term)
- you are a ‘Home’ student enrolled on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of Northampton. EU and International students are not eligible to apply for this award
- you must have been in care, or under a care order, for a period of at least thirteen weeks since the age of 14 or you are from a Foyer. (You must provide a supporting letter from your Local Authority, support worker or Foyer Federation to confirm this)
- you must not be living with parents or receiving any financial support from parents
How to Apply
To apply, you must complete a Care leaver/ Foyer award application form and include supporting evidence.
The maximum award available is £1,500. If you are struggling financially, you may also be eligible to apply for the Financial Assistance Fund.
If you are eligible to receive the award, it will usually be paid in two instalments:
- £500 once your application has been received and assessed
- £1,000 in early June 2020
You may be eligible to apply for this award in future academic years, however this is subject to funds being made available and is not guaranteed. The Financial Guidance Team will contact all eligible students who have previously applied with further details.
The deadline for the Care leaver/Foyer Award in the 2019/20 academic year is 10 July 2020; the Fund is expected to reopen for 2020/21 academic year from October 2020.
If you have any queries please contact the Financial Guidance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.