Architecture for European Logistics Information Exchange (AE-OLIX)
The AEOLIX (Architecture for European Logistics Information Exchange) Platform represents a critical step forward for supply chain visibility and inter-operability through the decentralisation of information sharing. AEOLIX cloud services provide connectivity between multi-actor data and in-house or cloud-based applications, processes and services, resulting in enhanced collaboration and interoperability, potentially across the entire transport and logistics sector.
The ambition is to develop architecture for a distributed open system which will exchange information among key logistics actors (commercial companies, as well as relevant authorities), enabling increased use and impact of such information in the value chain.
- gain a thorough insight in the lessons learned, needs and requirements in the domain of ICT applications for logistics
- design an architecture for a collaborative IT infrastructure for operational connection of logistics information systems
- implement an appropriate data access management model
- build a common but user-tailored interface and tools to enable the IT infrastructure
- test, validate and implement the AEOLIX prototype in 11 living labs of logistics business communities across Europe
- monitor the impacts of AEOLIX based on environmental, economic and social impacts
- develop an exploitation business model to enable roll-out and deployment of the concept across Europe, and possibly the rest of the world
As mentioned above, the AEOLIX concept will be verified by a number of strong user communities – Living Labs – across Europe, who have identified concrete, urgent operational challenges that the innovative approach enabled by AEOLIX seeks to address.
If you would like further information about this research project, please contact the Project Leader, Pouria Liravi by emailing email@example.com or phone 01604 892585 .