Centre for Sustainable Business Practices Outreach
We welcome collaboration with scholars from academia and professionals from industry, civic, local government &public bodies and the not-for-profit sector for joint research project activities, result dissemination/publication, and joint proposal writing. We have the expertise in:
- Multi-stakeholder engagement & management support working with the public-private-third-academic sectors to help your organisation,
- Cross-sector social partnerships – creating social value for greater collective impact.
Research Informed Teaching
The members of the Centre are either active academics and/or professionals, and they are key to facilitating research-informed teaching. Guest lectures from leading experts from other academic institutions as well as the public, private and not-for-profits sectors are offered at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, to ensure that the emerging trends and current research are taught within the programmes.
The University’s mission is to ‘Transform Lives and Inspire Change’. The Centre links closely to the University’s Social Impact agenda and supports the its four Changemaker Challenges to create real impact within the local community. These Changemaker Challenges, embedded in the University’s Strategy, are to use our National and Global reputation and leadership to make a positive contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals by contributing to:
- Northamptonshire being the best county in the UK for children to flourish and learn
- Northamptonshire being the leading county in the UK for Health and Wellbeing
- The promotion of the cultural and heritage traditions of Northamptonshire
- Northamptonshire being the best county in the UK to start, build and run a business
CSBP’s Outreach initiatives cover a wide range of ways in which CSBP members engage with and support the region’s civic, business and charity life. Our Corporate and Community Outreach activities are led by Adrian Pryce DL. Adrian brings a breadth of strategic leadership and international business development experience across many countries and types of organisations.
Actively involved in Northamptonshire’s business and community life since joining the University in 2008, in 2017 Adrian was appointed by the then Lord-Lieutenant of Northamptonshire David Laing to be one of his Deputy Lieutenants, in recognition of Adrian’s ongoing work in the County in support of local business, charity and the wider community.
Since January 2018 Adrian has been the chairman of Scott Bader Commonwealth Ltd, the charity holding company of Scott Bader Company Ltd, a £240 million turnover multinational speciality chemical company whose shares are held in trust for 700 employees worldwide. He is also the chair of three local charitable businesses, to which he brings strategic vision and leadership:
- The Crysalys Foundation Ltd – a new charity established in 2018 addressing childhood trauma and disadvantage that I was instrumental in setting up, obtaining charitable status and initial funding of £70,000
- Stand Out Northamptonshire Ltd – a new charity set up by Northamptonshire County Council (NCC) to support children in care and care-leavers that I was asked by Theresa Grant, NCC’s Chief Executive, to chair, achieve charity status and make independent of NCC
- Screen Northants Ltd – a not-for-profit social business that promotes Northamptonshire and the self-esteem, confidence and employability of the County’s young people through filmmaking
In addition, Adrian’s reach, voice and influence extends through his media activities, namely
- NLive Radio – Open4Business interviews (Podcasts) – as the presenter of its flagship business show,Open4Business, which airs weekly on Tuesdays from 7-9pm featuring interviews with local civic, business, charity & academic leaders
- All Things Business – Lieutenancy and University Page – contributing a ‘Lieutenancy and the University’ page each month to the region’s leading business magazine