On 16 September 2016 a group of business leaders, academics and policy makers gathered together at the University of Northampton to discuss the impact of Chinese overseas investment.
- Minister Counsellor Mr Xu Jin at the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of the Chinese Embassy in London
- Professor Nick Miles OBE, Pro Vice Chancellor of the University of Nottingham
- Professor Jeremy Clegg at the University of Leeds
- Mr Edward Brewster Communications Director of Huawei (UK)
- Mr Stephen Catchpole CEO of South East Midlands LEP (SEMLEP)
Delegates discussed a range of important issues associated with Chinese overseas investment such as the role of universities, sister-city relationships, demands of Chinese investors and the impact on British businesses. Delegates agreed that this is an extremely timely and important cross-sector dialogue on a very important issues.
Watch the conference videos on YouTube.
This conference was organised and facilitated by the China and Emerging Economies Centre.