Big Bang Northants Sponsorship
The University of Northampton has an excellent track record of working with businesses to support their strategic needs and help address their short and long term challenges. The University takes its relationships with the corporate community seriously and views this as a key part of its civic duties.
We have a long history of successful engagement with schools; engagement which is continually growing, especially within secondary education. Our programme of activities seeks to inspire, motivate and encourage young people to take full advantage of their education and help them to make the right choices for their future.
The Big Bang UK Young Scientists & Engineers Fair is the largest celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) for young people in the UK and is an award-winning combination of:
- Theatre shows
- Interactive workshops
- Exhibits and careers information from STEM and STEAM professionals.
The Big Bang Northants aims to show young people (primarily aged 7-19) the exciting and rewarding opportunities out there for them with the right experience and qualifications, by bringing classroom learning to life.
The Big Bang Near Me programme plays a vital role in inspiring the UK’s future scientists and engineers at a regional, local and school level. They encourage more people to take these subjects, as well as celebrating young people’s achievements in science and engineering through displaying their STEAM projects and letting them talk with engineers and scientists, face to face.
- To be designated as the Regional Big Bang Near Me event for 2019 that brings the largest number of employers, industry partners and students together from the region to network and share ideas that create more opportunities for STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, maths) employment, placements and work experience
- To build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with employers
- To offer opportunities to students across the county who had not considered university previously
- To offer careers information to young people who are from disadvantaged backgrounds to enable them to develop their social capital
Becoming one of our headline sponsors for the Big Bang Northants in 2019 will open up new opportunities for collaboration with the University at our flagship event for schools and colleges.
Your company will feature in all of our press released and logo will be displayed prominently on all print collateral and advertising. You will also have the opportunity to display your banners throughout the venue.
There will be opportunities for co-hosting a VIP reception, supporting the competition and being interviewed for TV, Radio and the event video.
For more information on how you can be involved contact Linda Davis-Sinclair at email@example.com
Innovation and Inspiration are key ingredients for tomorrow’s workforce. At the University or Northampton, they are embedded in our values and how we teach.
We nurture out-of-the box thinking and behaviour that will help make positive difference within communities and businesses. When our students graduate, they will go on to implement their learning in their future careers. There are a number of ways that you and your company can support tomorrow’s workforce:
Our rapidly developing work-based Higher and Degree Apprenticeship programme can enable your company to develop employees within your specific job roles. The programme will be tailored to suit your business and is an excellent way to support professional development, as well as attracting new recruits.
Placements within companies allow students to spend time with your business whilst studying. They will learn how the business runs and gain employability skills. Ranging from 3 months to a year, businesses often view this as an extended interview process and many of these students return to the business upon graduation.
Your business can help support students and have the potential; to makes a real difference in their careers, Through the creation of a scholarship, your business can help support ambitious, talented and driven students whose personal or financial circumstances would otherwise prevent them from studying with us.
February 2017 – Saints Rugby Ground
- 1325 young people attended from 33 County schools
- 33 exhibitors
- 3 workshops
- 1 Headline Show
- 2 presentations
February 2018 – Silverstone Wing
- 2762 young people attended from 59 County schools
- 51 exhibitors
- 3 Headline shows
- 8 workshops
February 2019 – Regional Big Bang event at Silverstone Wing
- 4000 young people
- 60+ schools (focus on secondary school
- 3 headline shows
- 10 workshops
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.