Schools and Colleges Liaison
We are the Schools and Colleges Liaison Team and we work with schools and colleges across the UK to inform and inspire your learners about Higher Education. With this in mind, we are committed to ensuring teachers and advisers feel supported and well-equipped in providing up-to-date information.
We offer a wide range of tailored activities both on and off campus to match your learners’ specific needs. We are here to help them fulfill their potential by raising aspirations, and building on their abilities and experiences.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 01604 893618 and we will be happy to help.
University of Northampton’s Annual Teachers and Advisers Conference 2019
Wednesday 1 May 2019 : 9.30 am – 3.15 pm
Our conference will give you a great opportunity to explore what our brand new Waterside Campus has to offer. You will also have the choice to attend three of the following breakout sessions to hear about the key developments within the University of Northampton and the Higher Education sector, including:
- Factors for a successful application to health courses – This session will look at the qualities and values for health care applicants including NHS compliance to Value Based Learning and Value Based Recruitment.
- An update from Student Finance England
- Introducing Degree Apprenticeships: what we offer at UoN
- UCAS: Tools For Differentiation – This session will explore the factors that contribute to successful applications, from encouraging in-depth research, to reference and personal statement writing. It will also touch upon why further differentiation tools, such as admissions tests, interviews and portfolios, might be used by universities.
- What really influences student decision making? – This session will discuss the influences on student decision making. Using data from UCAS and our own primary research, it will look at the influence of university location, course and other incentives such as unconditional offers.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for your students
We provide a number of interactive talks that can be delivered in school throughout the year, to help students who may be considering Higher Education. These sessions give an insight into the skills they will learn and the experiences they can expect. The talks we currently offer are:
- Introduction to Higher Education
- Student Finance
- Finance and Budgeting
- Personal Statements
- Parents Talks (Introduction to Higher Education/Finance and Budgeting
- Interview Skills
- Student Life (delivered by current students)
- Applying though UCAS
- Guest Lectures* subject list
- How to Get the Most Out of An Open Day
- Access to Higher to Education (see below for more information)
- BTEC to Higher Education
*Subject to availability
Access to Higher Education
We currently offer bespoke Access to Higher Education talks that give you all the facts that you need to apply to university. Our programme covers all aspects of the application process including course choices, UCAS, personal statements, finance and interview skills.
Sessions can be delivered to fit in with your timetable, or, alternatively, all sessions can be delivered consecutively at one of our Taster Days on-campus.
Our Taster Days are aimed at students in Years 11, 12 and 13 and give them a great idea of what university life is like. Students will have a welcome session and a campus tour delivered by one of our current students, giving them the best introduction possible to Higher Education in general and our university. We can offer a full programme of subject masterclasses and interactive talks too.
Taster Days provide your students the perfect opportunity to ask questions and discuss any concerns they may have before applying to university. Alternatively, we always welcome group visits at our Open Days from schools and colleges.
Schools and Colleges Open Day
Each year, we offer a mid-week Open Day specifically for schools and colleges which usually takes place in June each year. This event is ideal for Year 12 students who are about to kick-start their UCAS journey, as it encourages them to start thinking about their options before the summer break. We can also deliver our talk ‘How to get the most out of an Open Day’ or ‘Introduction to Higher Education’ at your school/college before the day.
For more information or to express an interest in this event for 2019, please contact the team.
*Please note that support may be available for transport costs, subject to availability.
Get in Touch
Schools and Colleges Liaisons
Telephone: 01604 893618
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.