Schools and Colleges Liaison
We are the Schools and Colleges Liaison Team. Dedicated to informing and inspiring students across the UK about Higher Education. Working closely with teachers, careers advisers, students and parents, we are committed to providing information and guidance throughout the university journey.
We offer a wide range of tailored activities both on and off campus to prepare students for the university application process and student life. We are here to help them fulfill their potential by raising aspirations, and building on their abilities and experiences.
If you are a Designated Teacher or support Looked After Children in Key Stage 4 or 5, visit our Care Leavers Hub for more information on how we can support your students.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 01604 893618 and we will be happy to help.
Our Events and Support
Find out more information about the events and support we offer:
- University of Northampton Annual Teachers and Advisers Conference
Keep up to date with the latest news in HE and at UON on Tuesday 28th April at our Waterside campus.
- Schools and Colleges Open Day
On Friday 3rd July school and college groups can visit our Waterside campus and find out everything they need to know about studying with us.
- Our talks and sessions
We provide a number of interactive talks that can be delivered in your school or college throughout the year.
- Taster Days
A tailored event for your students to visit us on campus and experience what university life is like.
- Register your interest
Complete our easy online enquiry form to register your interest for future events and activities.
University of Northampton’s Annual Teachers and Advisers Conference
Our annual Teachers and Advisers Conference will be held on Tuesday 28th April at our Waterside campus.
Completely free of charge, our conference is a great opportunity to keep up to date with the latest news in Higher Education and at UoN enabling you to prepare and support your students during the university process.
Join fellow representatives from schools and colleges across the region in a range of breakout sessions including:
- UCAS: New ‘Clearing Plus’ service explained
- Offer making and the HE landscape
- Student Finance update
- Support for students leaving Care
- Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
- ‘Spotlight sessions’ offering an insight into some of our most competitive and popular courses including:
- Factors for a successful Nursing or Midwifery Application
- LLB Law: careers in the legal profession
- Acting: succeeding at auditions and forging sustainable artistic careers
- Policing pathways: Apprenticeship vs Degree
- The future of Business: a spotlight on our new Leadership and Management degree
- Alternative careers in healthcare: Podiatry and Occupational Therapy in focus
If you are interested in attending and would like more information please contact the team.
Schools and Colleges Open Day
The 2020 Schools and Colleges Open Day will be held on Friday 3rd July. Every year we hold an open day during the week to enable school and college groups to attend and find out everything they need to know about studying with us. Once registered students can explore the campus as they would any other open day, and teachers and accompanying staff will have a designated area to work from and a free lunch. The day will include:
- A welcome talk
- Subject specific information
- Personal statement advice
- A student finance talk
- Campus tours
- Accommodation tours
- Student life talks delivered by one our ambassadors
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our talks and sessions
We provide a number of interactive talks that can be delivered in your school or college throughout the year:
- Access to Higher to Education (see below for more information)
- Applying though UCAS
- BTEC to Higher Education
- Finance and Budgeting
- Guest Lectures* (subjects)
- How to Get the Most Out of An Open Day
- Interview Skills
- Introduction to Higher Education
- Parents Talks (Introduction to Higher Education/Finance and Budgeting
- Personal Statements
- Student Finance
- Student Life (delivered by current students)
- Supporting Care Leavers – (aimed at teachers, support staff and local authority staff)
*Subject to availability
Resource in a box
Bringing university-style learning and content to life in your classroom. With an array of resources and activity plans in one box, it’s designed to link with an A-level curriculum in mind, enabling you to continue to teach your exam syllabus in a fun, exciting and innovative way but also include aspects of level 4 content and delivery.
Access to Higher Education
We currently offer bespoke Access to Higher Education talks that cover all aspects of the university application process including course choices, UCAS, personal statements, finance and interview skills.
Sessions can be delivered to fit in with the course’s timetable, or, alternatively, all sessions can be delivered consecutively at one of our Taster Days on-campus.
Our Taster Days are aimed at students in Years 11, 12 and 13 providing them with the opportunity to experience of what university life is like. Our Taster Days are flexible and can be tailored to suit areas of interest. Activities on the day can include:
- Welcome Session & Introduction to Higher Education
- Campus Tour delivered by a current student
- Subject masterclass
- Study skills
- Student life talk deliver by a current student
Taster Days provide your students with the perfect opportunity to ask questions and discuss any concerns that they may have before applying to university. Alternatively, we always welcome group visits from schools and colleges at our Open Days.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.