Schools and Colleges Liaison
We are the Schools and Colleges Liaison Team and we work with schools and colleges across the UK to inform and inspire your learners about Higher Education. With this in mind, we are committed to ensuring teachers and advisers feel supported and well-equipped in providing up-to-date information.
We offer a wide range of tailored activities both on and off campus to match your learners’ specific needs. We are here to help them fulfill their potential by raising aspirations, and building on their abilities and experiences.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01604 893618 and we will be happy to help.
University of Northampton’s Annual Teachers and Advisers Conference 2019
Wednesday 1 May 2019 : 9.30 am – 3.15 pm
Our conference will give you a great opportunity to explore what our brand new Waterside Campus has to offer. You will also have the choice to attend three of the following breakout sessions to hear about the key developments within the University of Northampton and the Higher Education sector, including:
- Factors for a successful application to health courses – This session will look at the qualities and values for health care applicants including NHS compliance to Value Based Learning and Value Based Recruitment.
- An update from Student Finance England – Essential updates and a refresher for staff who provide information and or guidance on student finance for tuition, maintenance and other support for learning covering key changes in academic year 19/20 and developments you need to know about to keep your advice up-to-date.
- What are Higher and Degree Apprenticeships and how can you make the most of them? – This session will provide an overview of Higher & Degree Apprenticeships. It will cover funding, misconceptions; myths and worries, the University’s approach and what’s on offer.
- UCAS: Tools For Differentiation – This session will explore the factors that contribute to successful applications, from encouraging in-depth research, to reference and personal statement writing. It will also touch upon why further differentiation tools, such as admissions tests, interviews and portfolios, might be used by universities.
- Student decision making: Unconditional Offers – This session will discuss the influences on student decision making. Using data from UCAS and our own primary research, it will look at the influence of university location, course and other incentives such as unconditional offers.
Parking is limited and chargeable. As such, we can only offer one parking space per institution. More info on parking will be sent once you have booked your space.
Support for your students
We provide a number of interactive talks that can be delivered in school throughout the year, to help students who may be considering Higher Education. These sessions give an insight into the skills they will learn and the experiences they can expect. The talks we currently offer are:
- Introduction to Higher Education
- Student Finance
- Finance and Budgeting
- Personal Statements
- Parents Talks (Introduction to Higher Education/Finance and Budgeting
- Interview Skills
- Student Life (delivered by current students)
- Applying though UCAS
- Guest Lectures* subject list
- How to Get the Most Out of An Open Day
- Access to Higher to Education (see below for more information)
- BTEC to Higher Education
*Subject to availability
Access to Higher Education
We currently offer bespoke Access to Higher Education talks that give you all the facts that you need to apply to university. Our programme covers all aspects of the application process including course choices, UCAS, personal statements, finance and interview skills.
Sessions can be delivered to fit in with your timetable, or, alternatively, all sessions can be delivered consecutively at one of our Taster Days on-campus.
Our Taster Days are aimed at students in Years 11, 12 and 13 and give them a great idea of what university life is like. Students will have a welcome session and a campus tour delivered by one of our current students, giving them the best introduction possible to Higher Education in general and our university. We can offer a full programme of subject masterclasses and interactive talks too.
Taster Days provide your students the perfect opportunity to ask questions and discuss any concerns they may have before applying to university. Alternatively, we always welcome group visits at our Open Days from schools and colleges.
Schools and Colleges Open Day
Friday 28th June 2019
On Friday 28th June we’re holding our schools and colleges open day. You and your students are invited to our Waterside campus to find out more about what it’s like to study with us at the University of Northampton.
Students will receive help and guidance to help kick-start their UCAS applications over the summer. They can also come and visit our course fair to find out more about our range of courses – perfect for students deciding between a few options and want to drop in to ask specific questions. We wont be running subject sessions but rest assured, our academic teams will be available and ready to offer information, advice and guidance. Tours of our facilities will also be running, these are hosted by our current students who are best placed to tell your students what its like to study with us.
You will have access to our designated schools’ area, where you are free to set up and work whilst your students take part in the open day. You will have free access to Wi-Fi and a complimentary lunch will be provided for all teachers.
How to register:
It is free to attend our schools and colleges open day.
To book places for your students, please email email@example.com to let us know how many student and staff members you would like to bring.
We will then send you a registration link to share with your students. Students will need to use this to register themselves individually, so that they can book onto their sessions for the day.
We will then confirm your booking with you and send you additional information in the lead up to the event.
Schedule for the day:
Students will be able to choose from a range of sessions, including:
- Subject-specific sessions and drop-ins with lecturers
- Campus and accommodation tours
- UCAS and Personal Statement guidance
- Employability and our Changemaker Hub
- Student support and our Benefits Package
Further information on our schedule and timings will follow shortly.
Get in Touch
Schools and Colleges Liaisons
Telephone: 01604 893618
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.