Change of Approval
Change of Approval refers to the processes by which existing programmes and modules are revised and updated. It also refers to the introduction of new modules, new named pathways and the introduction of new modes of delivery to existing programmes. It does not refer to the approval of new programmes and in such cases the Validation Handbook should be consulted.
The University believes revisions to programmes and modules to be the signs of healthy and developing curricula, which are responsive to the needs of:
- The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
- Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs)
- Collaborative Provision partners and delivery organisations
- Members of the University (academic and professional services
All Change of Approval processes at the University are underpinned by the following principles:
- Students (and applicants holding places where applicable) are demonstrably consulted and informed about Changes of Approval as appropriate.
- Ensuring the continued alignment of programmes and modules with the University’s Strategic Plan and Changemaker Plus.
- Ensuring that programmes and modules continue to meet external benchmarks including QAA Subject Benchmark Statements, the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) and PSRB requirements.
- Applying processes that are proportional to the level of change required.
- External scrutiny is applied to proposed changes as appropriate.
Any proposals for Changes of Approval are considered in a timely manner and meet the requirements of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
It is not permissible to consider Changes of Approval through the Periodic Subject Review (PSR) process.
For Type B and C Changes of Approval to be implemented during the 2020-21 academic year the final deadlines for the submission of COAP1 Forms to the Quality Unit are as follows:
- Levels 5 and 6: 1 December 2019
- Levels 4, 7 and 8: 1 February 2020
All COAP1 Forms should be submitted to the Quality Unit via the following Quality Officers:
- Faculty of Business and Law: email@example.com
- Faculty of Health, Education and Society: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology: email@example.com
The next scheduled Change of Approval Panel is due to take place on 13 November 2019.
For more detailed guidance, please see the Change of Approval Handbook.
General queries in relation to Change of Approval processes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.