Wider information sets
The information items listed below form the wider information set (WIS) for the University of Northampton. More information about the WIS is available from the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
The values of the wider information set are:
- to inform the public about the quality of higher education and, in particular, help provide potential students with information that will help them make a choice about what and where to study
- to help provide evidence to contribute to the quality assurance processes in institutions
- to help provide information that institutions can use to enhance the quality of their higher education provision
The WIS is broken down into three categories:
- information on institutional context
- information about aspects of courses and awards
- information on the quality and standards of programmes
In conjunction with the University of Northampton Publication Scheme the links below will point you in the direction of information which we hope you will find useful.
Information on institutional context
- Raising the Bar strategy document 2010-15
- Policies, procedures and guidelines
- Learning and teaching plan
- Education with others
- Employability statement
- Student handbooks
- Student Partnership Agreement
- Complaints policy and procedure
- Student obligations
Information about aspects of courses and awards
- Course finder
- Key information sets (KIS) – information available on every course page
Information on the quality and standards of programmes
Our new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.