Equality and Inclusion Objectives and Action Plans
Under the Public Sector Equality Duty, the University of Northampton is required to prepare and publish one or more objectives that it thinks it needs to achieve to further any of the aims of the general Equality Duty.
The general equality duties are to give due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The University has produced two action plans to address its objectives, one giving consideration to Students, the other for Staff along with a staff rolling action plan. There are common themes in order to embed and promote equality and inclusion across the University.
Objectives and actions have been agreed with the relevant Equality committees and forums including staff and student representatives, to ensure that key priorities are addressed.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.