Senior Leaders Master’s Degree Apprenticeship (Level 7)
This apprenticeship is subject to validation
The Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship combines a master’s degree, apprenticeship and the option to achieve Chartered Manager or Chartered Fellow professional recognition. It is designed for any individual moving into a senior or strategic management role. This can include General Managers, Senior Managers, Section Leaders, Executives, Directors, COO, CFO, CEO, CIO roles, and senior military officers.
By incorporating the MBA, our apprenticeship will support your career progression by developing your critical thinking and research skills which will enhance your business knowledge and understanding. The MBA will teach you the theory of effective management practice and equip you with the essential skills, confidence and competence to assist you when you venture into your chosen industry. You will learn to think laterally, challenge convention and offer informed solutions to business issues. You will gain valuable skills that will set you apart from colleagues, allowing you to progress to your full career potential.
When you finish this apprenticeship you will receive:
- CMI Level 7 Diploma
- Professional Chartered Manager status
- Senior Leaders Master’s Degree Apprenticeship
What are my prospects upon completion?
When you finish the apprenticeship, there is a final review process which includes presenting a portfolio of work-based evidence and a panel interview, for you to achieve your professional CMI status. When you graduate, you will also be a Chartered Manager with all of the required skills, such as fostering inclusive and ethical cultures, setting strategy, leading change and project management.
The experiences you gain as an apprentice can provide a springboard towards promotions and higher level opportunities. It’s not unusual for graduates of apprenticeship schemes to work their way up to the boardroom. Former apprentices have gone on to roles in senior management teams in construction, engineering and energy – 30% of the senior UK managers at Rolls Royce started out at the firm as apprentices.*
*Which? University – The Complete Guide to Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
Additionally, there are specific benefits to studying an MBA:
- an MBA is interdisciplinary so it introduces you to all areas of business including accounting, finance, marketing, and human resources
- those with an MBA dictate a high level of credibility as they are extremely confident and able to influence others
- studying for an MBA will give you a chance to experiment with your approach to problem-solving and develop your management and interpersonal skills
- an MBA will provide great career prospects for graduates as the course focuses on developing talent and producing future managers
- obtaining an MBA will set you apart from others in the competitive jobs market
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
- Full range of integrated learning environments
- 24/7 library and learning zone
- Low environmental impact