University of Northampton Business Support Team
The University of Northampton works in association with SEMLEP’s Growth Hub, which operates from the Portfolio building at St George’s Avenue and its primary office in Cranfield. It currently receives funding from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and provides growing businesses across the South East Midlands area with advice, guidance and support.
The business support available through the Growth Hub includes:
- Planning for business growth
- Business skills development, workshops and training courses
- Sources of finance for business – grants, debt and equity
- Business innovation advice and support
- External support through South East Midlands Marketplace
The Growth Hub services are available by telephone or through email. Where referrals are made to external providers we will always notify clients if there will be any fees.
To find out more call the team on 01604 212696 or email email@example.com.
University Business Support Team
The University of Northampton is lead partner in two major European funded (ERDF) projects, Ready2Grow and Innovate Northamptonshire, which are being delivered by University Business Advisers. Both projects run until the end of February 2019 and together exceed £6.6 million in value to the Northamptonshire economy.
The Ready2Grow project aims to improve the capacity and performance of small and medium sized enterprises and to encourage entrepreneurship across Northamptonshire. It supports enterprises from start up to growth and encourages innovation and the development of new skills, whilst instilling SMEs with the confidence to apply for growth funding.
The Innovate Northamptonshire project aims to promote research and innovation within the small and medium sized enterprises across Northamptonshire. The project offers a combination of workshops, advice, demonstrator visits and financial assistance depending upon the innovation need of each SME.
The University is also a delivery partner in the South East Midlands Startup Programme (SEMSUP). Led by Wenta, this project focuses on social enterprises and start ups across the South East Midlands area. The support includes the provision of one-to-one advice, workshops, grants and incubation facilities.
Pre-start support – Spark Northamptonshire is the brand name for support delivered by the University’s team of experienced Business Advisers to anyone looking to start a new business. This new service will help clients to:
- understand the skills, tools and resources required to start up a business;
- create an ambitious yet realistic business plan;
- refine clients product or service proposals to ensure that they are fit-for-purpose and market-ready; and
- find potential funding opportunities.
The University can also help in many other ways, including:
- Recruitment of new staff including apprentices and graduate interns
- Access to University research and development expertise to support Innovation
Find out how the University Business Support team can help you and your business by calling 01604 892328 (Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:00 excluding Bank Holidays) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.