Tier 4 Student Visa

The Tier 4 (General) student visa is suitable for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes including the Pre-sessional English Programme.

Under the Points Based System (PBS) you must be sponsored by a Higher Education Institution (HEI) which is registered with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as a Tier 4 Sponsor.

You will be eligible to apply for a Tier 4 visa if you claim the 40 points required:

  • 30 points for having a valid confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a Tier 4 sponsor
  • 10 points for having enough money to cover your course fees and maintenance costs

If you are still unsure after reading the information about the Tier 4 General student visa then please contact iss@northampton.ac.uk for further advice.


Our brand new £330 million campus.

  • Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching
  • Full range of integrated learning environments
  • 24/7 library and learning zone
  • Low environmental impact

Now Open

Discover the campus

360° Tour