Paying your own fees
To pay by bank transfer
All tuition fee payments to The University of Northampton must be made in pounds sterling (£). You must pay any bank charges that are associated with the transfer.
When making a payment, you must ask your bank to quote your student number and your full name on the transfer. Your student number can be found on your offer letter or Confirmation of Acceptance to Study (CAS) letter.
University of Northampton’s bank account details
- Account name – The University of Northampton
- Bank name – Lloyds Bank
- Branch – Abington Branch
- Address – 275 Wellingborough Road, Northampton NN1 4EW
- Sort code – 30-14-47
- Account number – 00051140
- BIC code – LOYDGB21560
- IBAN number – GB36LOYD30144700051140
If you require confirmation that a payment has been received by us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org please be aware payments from overseas can take up to 5 working days to be received.
To pay by E-payment
If you would like to pay online, please visit our E-payments facility. To pay a tuition fee deposit, please select “Advance Payment”.
To pay Via Western Union
This option is for payments from Overseas only. Please visit our Global Pay website.
To Pay Via TransferMate
This option is for payments from Overseas only. Please visit our TransferMate portal.
Fee deposit payments are only refundable in the following circumstances:
- If your course is withdrawn and no alternative course is available (full refund)
- If you fail to obtain entry clearance into the UK and on receipt of the original refusal letter from Entry Clearance Officer (refund is subject to administrative fee)
The University reserves the right to consider other applications for refunds based on individual circumstances and supported by appropriate evidence. Such refunds are entirely at the at the University’s discretion and subject to a deduction to cover administrative and other costs.