Paying for your Visa application
£449 for Standard applications (made by post)
We will send your application to UKVI by Royal Mail Special Delivery. Please note you have 15 working days to submit your supporting documents from the date of submitting your online application. If you fail to submit your documents within this timeframe your application with be rejected as an invalid application.
ISSS will contact you when we receive your Biometric Request Letter. You will need to collect this from the Student Information desk in the Learning Hub. The Student Information desk will provide you with further details on your designated Post Office. The current fee to register your Biometric Information is £19.20
Your biometric residence permit (BRP card) will be delivered to us by courier. We will contact you via email when your documents have been returned and are ready for collection.
If you receive your BRP card at your home address, please ensure you take your BRP card to the Student Information Desk in the Learning Hub, so a member of ISSS team can scan a copy onto your student record. You are required by law to keep us, as your sponsor, updated with any changes to your visa documents and contact details during your studies.
£949 for Premium application (made in person)
Some students may prefer to apply for their Tier 4 visa via the premium service if they need to obtain their visa quickly, for example due to travel plans. Once you have submitted your online application you must attend the premium appointment with 45 working days.
The following methods of payment are accepted for both visa applications: visa debit, visa credit, visa electron, MasterCard, Amex, Solo and Maestro. Please ensure you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your application and IHS fee.
If UKVI have any queries regarding your visa application, the University of Northampton will be the point of contact.
What should I do if I receive a visa refusal?
If your application is refused overseas the visa application centre that you applied through will send you a refusal notice. It will state the reasons for the refusal and explain whether or not you have the right to request an administrative review. You should email this refusal notice to email@example.com as soon as possible so we will advise you how to proceed.
- UKVI may occasionally make errors. If this is the case it may be possible for you to request an administrative review. This is where your application would be re-checked and, if UKVI agreed that a mistake had been made, your visa would be granted. You would be required to submit your request within 28 days of receiving your refusal notice. The processing time for an administrative review can take up to 28 days.
- If the refusal is justified, we will advise you on the reasons you were refused. You have the option to submit another application but you would require a new CAS to do this. Before we can issue a new CAS we would need to see evidence that you can meet the requirements of the visa application.
We hope this guidance has provided you with all of the information you will need to understand how to make a successful Tier 4 General visa application. We advise you to refer to the Home Office Tier 4 Policy Guidance to make sure that all of your documents meet the requirements of the Home Office.
For general advice on applying for a Tier 4 visa please visit the UKVI website.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.