Meet the ISSS team
The International Student Support Services Team are here to support you and can offer you friendly, professional and confidential advice during your studies. We are here to help you settle into life in the UK and ensure that you enjoy your time studying here.
The team, based in the Learning Hub, Waterside Campus is authorised by the University to provide immigration advice and assistance under the terms of the Immigration Services Commissioner’s exemption scheme. We provide free and confidential Immigration advice to prospective, current students and recent graduates.
International Student Support Services Team can provide advice and guidance on:
- Arriving into the UK
- Attendance Monitoring
- Doctorate Extension Scheme
- General Visitor Visas
- Graduate Route Visa
- Immigration issues relating to re-sits, repeat failed modules, restarts, change of course, deferring your studies and withdrawing from your course.
- International Orientation Programme
- Lost and stolen passports and BRP Cards
- Police Registration
- Schengen visas and travel
- Short-term Study Visas
- Student Visa and Dependent applications
- Visa Extension Process
- Working during and after your studies
- Your responsibilities to UK Visas and Immigration
Please read our International Student Handbook for more information on services available to you during your studies.
The International Student Support Services Team are currently not offering any face to face appointments or drop-ins, however we are able to offer virtual appointments. Our appointments are available over the telephone or Microsoft Teams and run Monday to Thursday. Each appointment will last up to 20 minutes however if you do require longer then a follow-up appointment will be booked. To book an appointment with the team please book through our online form.
The International Student Support Services Team also offer a virtual chat and drop-in session every Friday. This is open for all students to drop in and out anytime between the hours of 1.00pm and 2.00pm. We provide you with an informal place to have a friendly chat with other students and members of the International Student Support Services team. This is a great opportunity in these challenging times to stay connected with other students and to make new friends. We will be more than happy to answer general queries, however if you require more detailed advice or wish to discuss your personal circumstances then we kindly advise you to book into one of our student appointments. To book onto the Chat and Drop-in session please book through our online form.
Where to find us
University of Northampton
Phone: 01604 893113
- David Fitzgerald – Head of Student Services
- Rebecca Collinson – International Student Support Services Team Leader
- Zanthe Riley – International Student Support Adviser
- Hayley Brookes – International Student Support Adviser
- Agnieszka Grudziecka – International Student Support Assistant
- Charlotte White – International Student Support Assistant
- Na Li – International Student Support Assistant